Jump to content

The Ghostbusters were a terrorist organization


IANdrewDiceClay
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members

In the second film, they were like "we dont believe in this bollocks, that was all done by you lot." Surely if you blow up the top 3 floors of a building of flats in New York, you dont just get a slap on the wrist and a cable show as the lead in to Bass Masters. Either that or just say "Winston did it." That might work.

If you'd like to add any other films that stretch the grounds of self belief, please feel free.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

If you'd like to add any other films that stretch the grounds of self belief, please feel free.

The best way of getting the one ring to Mount Doom with it neither being taken by force by armed, bloodthirsty baddies or corrupting the bearer, was dispatching it around the neck of a Hobbit travelling on foot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, air_raid said:

The best way of getting the one ring to Mount Doom with it neither being taken by force by armed, bloodthirsty baddies or corrupting the bearer, was dispatching it around the neck of a Hobbit travelling on foot.

Then they show you can just fly there in 5 minutes at the end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members
2 minutes ago, air_raid said:

The best way of getting the one ring to Mount Doom with it neither being taken by force by armed, bloodthirsty baddies or corrupting the bearer, was dispatching it around the neck of a Hobbit travelling on foot.

To play devil's advocate on that isn't it a wise tactic to try and use stealth and sneak in, especially when the initial party gets fucked? 

Isn't it also a common theme that within that world men are easily corrupted, dwarves are greedy & elves are elitist and selfish. It therefore the innocent purity of the hobbit that offers the best chance? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

To play devil's advocate on that isn't it a wise tactic to try and use stealth and sneak in, especially when the initial party gets fucked? 

Isn't it also a common theme that within that world men are easily corrupted, dwarves are greedy & elves are elitist and selfish. It therefore the innocent purity of the hobbit that offers the best chance? 

Agreed. It was a political move.

None of the more powerful races like each other, and none of them would agree to let any of the others have the ring. Frodo was a safe choice since he was politically neutral. Especially with them all accompanying him. Plus he's a Hobbit. If the the ring DID corrupt him then just take it off him? What's he going to do? Mobilise the Shire?

The flying thing was a major plot hole though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Julia Roberts impersonate's Julia Roberts in one of the Oceans film. Bruce Willis recognises her, which would imply they are set in our world but none of the other characters are recognised as their famous counterparts. 

See also Tej in Fast and Furious played by Ludacris, in the first film there is a song by Ludacris playing at a party, so who the hell is Ludacris in their world because actual Ludacris is Tej.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members
33 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

There's a whole section of the Internet that gets triggered by this. I know there's a kayfabe explanation for it, that boils down to "the eagles were busy."

I always understood it to be that Sauron was too powerful for them to approach. They could only get there once he was defeated. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Julia Roberts impersonate's Julia Roberts in one of the Oceans film. Bruce Willis recognises her, which would imply they are set in our world but none of the other characters are recognised as their famous counterparts

Also, they watch Die Hard in Friends, then don't freak out when McClane turns up and dates Rachel.

So, who played McClane in the Die Hard they watched?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members
5 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Also, they watch Die Hard in Friends, then don't freak out when McClane turns up and dates Rachel.

So, who played McClane in the Die Hard they watched?

Some similar actor like how Stallone is Terminator in the Last Action Hero I imagine. Maybe it's also Stallone.

hqdefault.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...