Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

• Paid Members

They're utter numpties. Keep chucking my deliveries over the side gate. They've been told numerous times that it is not acceptable!

Do they care?

Do they hell.

• Paid Members

Evri time I use a courier they've been fucking shite. Give a delivery window and turn up hours late or don't even give a window at all. Had one the other day ask me what was in my parcel? How about you fuck off.

• Members

Our local Evri woman is brilliant. Her name is Ruth, she knows not to knock on the doors because of the dogs (I'll be honest if I'm home I can hear her coming as she's always booming out Smooth FM or similar) and knows we're family 10 seconds apart so tends to just deliver my exes stuff to me.

Sorry.

Our Evri woman - well couple actually, it's a man and a women who do the delivery together - looks like she is a crack head but always delivers everything on time and leaves it in a safe place if we aren't in so I have no complaints, she's great.

• Paid Members

I read a report of a courier walking into a customers house uninvited. The door was unlocked but not open. They can be absolute divs! I despise the way they hide behind the unmanned complaints system. I don't want stock answers. That don't address or resolve the issue.

8 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Surely Chucker Khan?

Taylor Swift No GIF

I’ll be honest, lads. I know it shite how packages get delivered without due care, but most of these couriers have the absolute worst working conditions, they’re “Self employed contractors” and we all know what that means. The schedules and deadlines they have to work to are abysmal. Every (Evri?) minute counts so they can’t hang around or they lose money. They have to hire their own vans, cover the route if they’re sick by subbing it out. It’s a horrible trade to be in. 

That’s why whenever I see a van at a junction trying to turn, I always let them out, they’re up against the clock. Obviously this isn’t applicable to them all and some of them treat packages like shit, but on the whole they have my utmost sympathy. 

If they fail to deliver a package, they are financially penalised so whilst I don't like it, I can understand why they chuck it in to the back garden/over the fence etc. The system is shit, they are trying to work it the best they can. Obviously, this doesn't apply to the original post by @Tamuraas they are being numptees and not delivering at all

In the centre of Bristol there is a road where the bays have worn away so you can park there without getting a fine. But other people park there and take my space. Its not my space anyone can park there but in my head it's my space. Cunts are parking in my space 

17 hours ago, Tamura said:

they replied saying (and I quote in full) "Driver will be spoken to". 

That sounds like DPD. When their drivers fail to collect our customers parcels. I've spoken to our local depot, their response is that stock answer. I did have one the other day, where a customer had a collection and delivery of parcels booked for the same day from their address. You would expect them to collect the one parcel and deliver the other parcel at the same time. Whatever numptie booked their route.  They went at 10am to collect the parcel, couldn't work out how to use the intercom for the flat, so just put the status as nothing to collect. And took a photo of the intercom to prove they had been. Went back at 11am to deliver the parcel. Still couldn't work out how to use the intercom so again put the delivery as failed. And then rerouted the parcel to be collected from a newsagents 20 minutes away. Poor woman was visually impaired so couldn't do that. 

8 hours ago, Rossman said:

That sounds like DPD.

DPD were the idiots who couldn't find the doorbell, since I forgot to include exactly what the driver failed to find, leading to some discussion about intercoms. While some intercoms might actually be tricky to get to work, I like to think that if someone is capable of driving a van and using a smartphone and/or tablet that they are capable of pressing a single button to ring a doorbell. DHL were the second set of idiots. The Whistl/Evri couriers are generally quite good since they are generally local people with a reasonable grasp of local geography.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2024 at 9:28 PM, SuperBacon said:

Our local Evri woman is brilliant. Her name is Ruth, she knows not to knock on the doors because of the dogs (I'll be honest if I'm home I can hear her coming as she's always booming out Smooth FM or similar) and knows we're family 10 seconds apart so tends to just deliver my exes stuff to me.

Sorry.

On 5/31/2024 at 9:55 PM, deathrey said:

Our Evri woman - well couple actually, it's a man and a women who do the delivery together - looks like she is a crack head but always delivers everything on time and leaves it in a safe place if we aren't in so I have no complaints, she's great.

On 6/1/2024 at 1:15 PM, Rossman said:

That sounds like DPD. When their drivers fail to collect our customers parcels. I've spoken to our local depot, their response is that stock answer.

On 6/1/2024 at 9:26 PM, Tamura said:

DPD were the idiots who couldn't find the doorbell, since I forgot to include exactly what the driver failed to find, leading to some discussion about intercoms. While some intercoms might actually be tricky to get to work, I like to think that if someone is capable of driving a van and using a smartphone and/or tablet that they are capable of pressing a single button to ring a doorbell. DHL were the second set of idiots. 

Varies massively from depot to depot. DPD Local ("blue" DPD, formerly Interlink) are who my employers use and throughout the country on average they're pretty good, but my best customer has had drivers leave the box on his office doorstep, ring the bell and walk off (I've seen the footage), park behind his property and send the "Sorry we missed you" notification when people were there, and even mark cons as "could not find address" when the GPS location for where they were parked when they entered that, the business logo is clearly visible on the office from across the street and 90% of the time has a van with the company logo parked in the  driveway.

Conversely with Hermes/Evri, my last address our driver herself was brilliant, but its the network that lets her down. Numerous online purchases simply vanished into thin air without ever getting to our delivery depot and ended up being refunded by the merchants. Choosing "deliver to store" wherever its available has become the norm for the raidette and me.

On 6/1/2024 at 9:26 PM, Tamura said:

The Whistl/Evri couriers are generally quite good since they are generally local people with a reasonable grasp of local geography.

Accidental Partridge aside, this reminds me of that meme going round for ages - "Ordering a pizza before GPS was wild. Here's my name and a random street name. You have 30 minutes to deliver me a pizza. Good luck."

My petty annoyance.... found out the other day that the same girl in our office who leaves the microwave at "1:17" or whatever rather than letting the cycle finish or resetting it for the next user, thinks nothing of going beverage-coffee jar-beverage-sugar with the spoon while making a tray of drinks for the team, which is why the sugar ends up with lumps of stained sugar and coffee grounds in it. She's one of them. God, I hate people.

Edited by air_raid
he says, she says bullshit

• Paid Members

If I'm getting stuff delivered from Vinted I usually get I post to drop it in the lockers at the petrol station, but if I get an Evri delivery it's usually Richard who brings it. If there's nobody in downstairs because the cleaner isn't here (I live in a pub, I don't have domestics) then he'll give me a ring to come down and get it. A few times I've not been in, so he's either popped the parcel in the wheel arch of my mum's chelsea tractor, or on one occasion popped it round the back. We used to have a little metal parcel bin on the back car park that the postman could leave parcels in, but that went years ago. 

Anyway, for some reason Richard was off one week, and the other driver couldn't find my place. I just put 29 as the house number rather than the name of the pub. There is a 29 on the front door. She left it next door, where there's a massive 31 on the gate post, and because they were only light items they ended up blowing away in the particularly strong wind that day. 

Sorry, that's the most boring, middle class thing I've probably ever posted.