RIP ANIMAL / Joseph Laurinaitis

The Reverend

Unconfirmed reports, but it sadly appears Joseph Laurinaitis aka Animal has passed away.

Incredibly sad news if true. The Road Warriors / LOD probably the greatest tag team in history are finally reunited.

RIP Joseph - you were an absolute legend and an all round good guy.

Edited by The Reverend

• The Reverend changed the title to RIP ANIMAL / Joseph Laurinaitis
  • Paid Members

His name came up on a pod i was listening to this morning and I had to have a think about whether he was still alive. Odd timing.

Can't be much to say about the Road Warriors/LOD that hasn't been said. They just had IT. Incredible look, size, aggression. They made an instant impact on you. I'd never heard of them when they turned up at SummerSlam 1990 and yet I was instantly a fan.

Sad news.

• Paid Members

Really gutted at this news. When I think back to the WWF boom in the early 90's, it was seeing LOD on a a huge poster for sale in a shop that caught my attention and made me wan't to buy some WWF videos to see what it was all about. The two big, fuck off monsters with the massive spiked shoulder pads and face paint just embodies everything that attracted me to the sport/show. 

RIP Animal, hope you get the big Road Warriors "pop" at the pearly gates(or whee ever he ends up!_

Edited by Cod Eye

• Paid Members

We went to see Smackdown live in Newcastle back in I think 2005? Road Warrior Animal was there and my mate who was a lapsed casual fan went "is that Road Dog Warrior?" and from that day forward that's what he was known as to us.
A real shame that upon seeing he was 60, I thought "that's a decent innings for his era".

I remember staying up late round my Grandparent's to watch Raw when they came back to face Kane and RVD and even in 2003 there was nobody like them.

Edited by FelatioLips