Comic book movies II: the Richard Donner cut

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

it's the last hour that ramps it up, but I am 100% in agreement that just because you have enough footage for a 4 hour film, doesn't mean you should have a 4 hour cut of a film. It would of made a fine 4 part tv series, but would have made a great 2 hour film.

The question should be why is there 4 hours worth of footage. I know some people have claimed it was originally going to be 2 films, which is bullshit, they were never filming 2 movies back to back and there certainly isn’t 2 movies of plot here. 
I think WB wanted it split up to release but there’s no structure (because Snyder can’t pace for shit) in there to split it into 4 parts, even the segments/title cards that are in there at the minute feel added in at random, there’s no way you could break that film down into 4 three act structures. Imagine watching an episode and 1/4th of it is Barry going for a job in a pet shop. 

They could easily chop 40-50min out of it and make a far better film 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, chokeout said:

The question should be why is there 4 hours worth of footage.

My guess is there is probably double that. Remember, this is what he cut down from. It's edited so there is still more footage on the cutting room floor. And the question has to be when you have a 4 hour film which feels bloated, what the hell was actually cut out and how bad must it have been

• Paid Members

The Snyder cut is ok. It's definitely an improvement on BvS and the Wheldon version. However, 4 hours for an ok film is hilarious and highlights how badly they buggered up the whole thing by rushing into the Justice League, as the first two hours are essentially backstory on the lesser known characters. The first two hours are badly needed but, in the end, the story just isn't particularly interesting.

The 30 minute epilogue is absolute shite. 

That epilogue was like one of those fan made YouTube Batman and Joker films that people on Twitter always cite as “this is my Batman/Joker”. Obviously a really well produced one. Yet there’s still this part of me that wants to see what could have been. Sadist.

Just started I Am Not Okay with This from the same guy that wrote The End of the Fucking World, I wouldn't say it's quite as good but it's a decent coming of age/superpowered comic adaptation. Sophia Lillis really keeps it going, she's pretty great.

30 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Just started I Am Not Okay with This from the same guy that wrote The End of the Fucking World, I wouldn't say it's quite as good but it's a decent coming of age/superpowered comic adaptation. Sophia Lillis really keeps it going, she's pretty great.

I really loved this series and hope they find a way to make a second.

Agreed, Sophia Lillis is so good in it. Shes in a really great film called Uncle Frank with Paul Bettany, which is well worth watching.

• Paid Members

Ok I have a real issue with falcon and the winter solider it’s going to contain spoilers including this weeks eps  so I will stick it the box 

Spoiler

So everyone is horrified that zemo killed the scientist, and that new cap kills the terrorist/freedom fighter.....however in eps1 Sam killed like 20 guys kicking them out of helicopters, blowing up said helicopter. Shooting them dead .

They all killed a bunch of guys outside the storage locker in lots of different ways no one cares. It’s bugging the shit outa me now. 

Edited by quote the raven