Sonja Deville nearly abducted

LSM

A fan from Twitter is arrested after breaking into Sonya Deville’s home and trying to abduct her: 

According to the Tampa Bay Times Phillip A. Thomas II, 24, began planning the abduction eight months ago, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

“Thomas parked his car around midnight at Idlewild Church off Dale Mabry Highway and Van Dyke Road in Lutz and walked to a home within the Promenade at Lake Park subdivision along Pine Hammock Boulevard, the Sheriff’s Office said in a news release.

Thomas cut a hole in the patio screen and remained on the patio three to four hours while watching and listening through the windows. At 2:43 a.m., after the homeowner had gone to bed, Thomas entered the home through a sliding glass door, activating the alarm.

The homeowner looked out a window, spotted Thomas on the property and fled with a guest in a car. The homeowner called 911.

Thomas was still in the house when deputies arrived. He was carrying a knife, plastic zip ties, duct tape, mace and other items and told deputies he was planning to take the homeowner hostage.

Thomas, listed on a jail booking sheet as an Applebee’s crew member, has been charged with aggravated stalking, armed burglary of a dwelling, attempted armed kidnapping, and criminal mischief. He was being held without bail.”

“Our deputies are unveiling the suspect’s disturbing obsession with this homeowner who he had never met, but stalked on social media for years,” Sheriff Chad Chronister said in the news release. “It’s frightening to think of all the ways this incident could have played out had the home alarm not gone off and alerted the homeowner of an intruder.”

He defended Deville to online critics or wrote her encouraging messages on Twitter. On July 30, he responded to one of Deville’s tweets about her appearance at the GLAAD media awards, a nonprofit founded by LGBTQ people in the media, with: “I’m so proud of you Daria you’re a inspiration to me".

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/08/man-arrested-on-kidnapping-charge-outside-the-home-of-sonya-673621/

Edit: If someone could adjust the title so the name is spelt correctly I'd appreciate that. Must have missed it as I was posting.

Edited by LSM

4 hours ago, Nick James said:

The guys twitter page is just retweets of every post she puts or is mentioned in. Disturbing to say the least. 

I saw one reply to him pointing out that the woman is gay so he should’ve at least stalked someone heterosexual and not wasted his time. Fucking hell. 

Thats fucking crazy. Wonder did stuff like this happen to wrestlers during the boom years in 80s & 90s and it just never came out? or is it social media driven where these nutters think they have a connection with stars cos they retweeted them once or whatever? she had a lucky escape anyway.

1 hour ago, Love-Wilcox said:

I imagine there’s always been these nutters around but likely used to have a much harder time gathering information on their idols / victims, let alone being able to interact with them.

It was so much easier to get closer to anyone with any level of fame in past decades. Ronald Reagan was shot by a guy outside a hotel at close range, the same guy had previously managed to also get to Jodie Fosters dorm room at her uni and send her notes and phone calls. Rebecca Schaeffer was shot on her doorstep by a fan, same with John Lennon.  That's the scarier thing about this, the guys plan was three quarters done, like he was in the fucking gaff. Horrifying

3 hours ago, DCW said:

Thats fucking crazy. Wonder did stuff like this happen to wrestlers during the boom years in 80s & 90s and it just never came out? or is it social media driven where these nutters think they have a connection with stars cos they retweeted them once or whatever? she had a lucky escape anyway.

Back in 1982 you had Michael Fagan who managed to get into the Queen's bedroom, the guy who took a shot at Princess Anne (I think) and so many others. I used to work for Queen (the rock band) and in the 80s there was a guy who broke into their Notting Hill offices with a samurai sword looking for Freddie (that I don't think even made the papers) In recent years there was a guy who was caught with a 'rape kit' trying to attack Steven Spielberg and the couple caught breaking into Taylor Swifts properties.

As for the 80s and 90s - one of the reason I think it didn't happen was even the crazies wouldn't take on the wrestlers who were crazier (and coked and 'roided up) than them. Can you imagine someone stalking Elizabeth and then coming face to face with Randy? Or a nutter going after Missy and meeting Eddie Gilbert? Let alone trying to stalk Rick Rude, Haku and countless others - the thing is, wrestlers these days just don't install fear into anyone.