A thread in which for Arsenal and Spurs fans to have sexual tension and poor banter 20/21.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Aresnal and Spurs have shit fans that stink up football threads that speak about all clubs, not just their own. They got their own thread to talk about their teams so we didn't have to see the shit bants. Mark Nobel, has no affiliation with either club, therefore doesn't need to be discussed by people who don't know what they are talking about in a thread to discuss their own clubs.

Wrong. This thread is for Arsenal and Spurs fans to talk about whatever football we want as we aren't allowed in the other thread. So this is absolutely the place for me to talk about how Mark Noble is bang average (he really is). I've watched Mark Noble enough times unfortunately over 15 years to form this opinion. 

So fuck off with your shit posting, you're stinking up this thread. 

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

The 5-1 League Cup semi final (YES THE FUCKING DVD ONE @PunkStep) was probably the best one I've been to. 

This game wound me up, despite being a league cup game, purely because the prick that lived in the flat above us at the time (who had flooded our flat on numerous occasions) cheered every goal like he'd just won the World Cup. The 4-4 draw later that year was worse. I've never been angrier after a North London derby. David Bentley doing that fucking dance...

4 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

The 4-4 draw later that year was worse. I've never been angrier after a North London derby. David Bentley doing that fucking dance...

Yes it really was, especially as Bentley was acting like he had won the game for spurs when his (admittedly very good) goal was the first one and then he proceeded to do fuck all for 90 minutes. I remember Jenas being Spurs standout player in that game. Admittedly I've tried to purge basically everything about it from my mind.

3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Great little watch and can feel the hatred from both sides. We really do despise each other and I would never change that! Really made me miss fans tho, can't wait until we are all back in the stadiums and the buzz of walking to the game. 

Edited by thevestofdeanambrose

• Paid Members

It's mad that the feeling of hatred toward your North London rivals is almost a strong as the support you have for your own club, they have to go hand-in-hand. I don't quite see it to this extent for any other rivalries in England (Celtic and Rangers, yes)- but then again I did grow up in a Spurs stronghold town with a fair amount of Arsenal supporters in the area too, so I've seen it all my life. 

I remember as an 8 year old in 1991 I made a Nottingham Forest poster and hung it up in my window, purely out of spite because I didn't want Spurs to win the FA Cup. Haven't had to do it since, mind.

6 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Stick to the thread 

Yes. Stick to the thread for Arsenal and Spurs related stuff. 

5 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Mark Nobel,

I mean, hold him in high regard if you want but that’s a bit much. 

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

It's mad that the feeling of hatred toward your North London rivals is almost a strong as the support you have for your own club, they have to go hand-in-hand. I don't quite see it to this extent for any other rivalries in England (Celtic and Rangers, yes)- but then again I did grow up in a Spurs stronghold town with a fair amount of Arsenal supporters in the area too, so I've seen it all my life. 

I remember as an 8 year old in 1991 I made a Nottingham Forest poster and hung it up in my window, purely out of spite because I didn't want Spurs to win the FA Cup. Haven't had to do it since, mind.

What a fucking sad little 8 year old you were.

spacer.png

It's nonsense really though isn't it? I don't think I hate Arsenal. What's the bloody point? Come 20 minutes after the game, I'll have forgotten all about it and moved on with my life*

19 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yes. Stick to the thread for Arsenal and Spurs related stuff. 

*Sigh* Not necessarily. We can talk about all sorts of football related nonsense if you want, it would just be better as per the thread title if you were a fan of either a North (or South) London team. But you don't stink up threads with shit posting for shit postings sake (stop laughing at the back) and actually know what you're talking about, so it's fine.

For instance we can talk about the Ricoh move. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/mar/10/coventry-sign-10-year-deal-with-wasps-for-return-to-ricoh-arena

Good thing in your opinion? I think I may have mentioned it before but seeing Spurs win 4-0 on NYE at Highfield Road was a real highlight for young SuperBacon.

https://www.11v11.com/matches/coventry-city-v-tottenham-hotspur-31-december-1994-21942/

That is a PEAK 90s Spurs team isn't it?

*I will of course be gloating in here if we win though obviously.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

This must be the most extreme reaction to anything involving Scott Parker I have ever seen. 

He is the epitome of blandness. If he was a band, he'd be Imagine Dragons.

I thought he was fantastic in 11-12. We had a run unbeaten of 10 wins and 1 draw (ended by Stoke) where he was our best player on the pitch nearly every game, winning the ball and holding off pressure before releasing to attackers to break fast and score, and keeping things ticking over like a Poundland Scholes. Scotty and Modric was the best engine room we’d had for decades and best we’d have until Wanyama and Dembele in 2017. He was never the same after the injury but I loved him.

3 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I thought he was fantastic in 11-12. We had a run unbeaten of 10 wins and 1 draw (ended by Stoke) where he was our best player on the pitch nearly every game, winning the ball and holding off pressure before releasing to attackers to break fast and score, and keeping things ticking over like a Poundland Scholes. Scotty and Modric was the best engine room we’d had for decades and best we’d have until Wanyama and Dembele in 2017. He was never the same after the injury but I loved him.

I liked the Carrick/Davids double act the most until big Vic and Mouss. I still maintain that Michael Carrick's two seasons at Spurs were as good as I have ever witnessed. He was such a classy player.

Carrick always annoyed me as he was basically at Arsenal the summer he joined Spurs and then we decided not to sign him as Fabregas emerged. Why the fuck Wenger couldn't have signed him AS WELL is utterly baffling. Fabregas/Carrick would have been some midfield.

1 hour ago, hallicks said:

While it's nice to sit around and amicably dicuss how much we hate each other, it distracts from Chelsea being far bigger wankers. 

If Arsenal fans, Chelsea fans and Spurs fans were stuck in a room together , we would form an unholy alliance to eliminate the Chelsea wankers before we turned on each other in a fight to the death. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

I liked the Carrick/Davids double act the most until big Vic and Mouss. I still maintain that Michael Carrick's two seasons at Spurs were as good as I have ever witnessed. He was such a classy player.

I loved Carrick too but didn’t Jol usually pick Carrick and Jenas in the one season Carrick and Davids were both there? Or am I misremembering Jenas being box to box since day 1 and Jol forced him to play winger? Between those three and Tainio nobody really wanted to get down a flank until Lennon started getting a few starts.

I was very upset the morning Carrick to Man United was finalised. It felt like such a negative statement to sell to one of “the top 4” after the season we’d had, ostensibly on the rise... especially United who felt like they might be going into decline based on the previous three seasons getting further and further away from the title. It hurt even more when it became apparent how good Berbatov was, signed the summer Carrick left, and I wondered how they might have linked up. I shouldn’t have, as it wasn’t too long later that I got to see a Carrick-to-Berbatov goal... scored by United, against us.