General Pinochet's All New Domestic Football 20/21. Arsenal and Spurs free!!!

PowerButchi

@PowerButchi @Guy Bifkin 

I may be completely misreading this, but it seems like Spencer here is being a real dick. I only know vague selections of what’s going on so wasn’t sure how to interpret further. Am I right or am I reading it wrongly? Because so far it reads to me like he’s brought his little YouTube project into the nonleague system and is now bitching at the other clubs as if he’s king shit. I assume the leadership he is referring to is the National League, but it still seems off.

Edited by Daaaaaad!

• Moderators

As a Wrexham supporter, I'm going to have to get used to pelters. But the likes of Stephen Cleeve who's been trying to furlough players for the entire season, and teams which have spent a shitload and now can furlough and play kids as there's no relegation.

It's absolute shit. The entirity of Non League should be written off, and I say that as a massive supporter of a form team ran by millionaires. It should never have started as "Elite sport" anyway, which the NL wanted. Why?

Edited by PowerButchi

14 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

It's absolute shit. The entirity of Non League should be written off, and I say that as a massive supporter of a form team ran by millionaires. It should never have started as "Elite sport" anyway, which the NL wanted. Why?

Last summer the NL board lobbied for it to be classed as élite rather than 'recreational' sport so that they could hold the play-offs because BT Sport give the clubs involved money to stage those for TV, thinking everything would then magically be fine again by October and they'd be allowed crowds again. Which divisions below the sixth tier were for a bit but with no promotion, it looks like those leagues will now be declared null and void too. 

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Fog Dude said:

Last summer the NL board lobbied for it to be classed as élite rather than 'recreational' sport so that they could hold the play-offs because BT Sport give the clubs involved money to stage those for TV, thinking everything would then magically be fine again by October and they'd be allowed crowds again. Which divisions below the sixth tier were for a bit but with no promotion, it looks like those leagues will now be declared null and void too. 

But the BT Sport money is nigh on fuck all. It's only £7k per game for the home team when live games are shown (when many teams can make more streaming as you lose the right to stream when BT show the game) and the contract money over the course of the season is about a penny more than peppercorn rent.

Edited by PowerButchi

Yeah, I'd never claim that the National League's thinking back in July makes any sense, even for the sake of short-term finances. That's just the only reasoning I've read anywhere as to why it wasn't classified as non-élite sport. 

• Paid Members
On 2/19/2021 at 11:02 PM, PowerButchi said:

As a Wrexham supporter, I'm going to have to get used to pelters. But the likes of Stephen Cleeve who's been trying to furlough players for the entire season, and teams which have spent a shitload and now can furlough and play kids as there's no relegation.

I used to go to King's Lynn quite a bit with my uncle when I was a kid. He's still a massive Lynn fan. It'd be lovely to have another league club in Norfolk.

For these reasons I'd love Lynn to continue the upward trend they've been on. But Cleave is a vile creature. So I hope it happens without him.

I was just saddened this wasn't ex-Chester City's Gary Bennett, then I could have regaled you with my tale of when him and David Flitcroft (brother of Garry) turned up at Blimpers (shit club in Chester) on Student night.  Bennett admittedly looked sheepish, realizing he was easily the oldest person in there and wondering why on earth he had come, but Flitcroft was trying it on with various of the student girls with no success whatsoever.