49 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Not sure if anybody’s seen the 007: Road To A Million, on Amazon Prime, but give it a go, especially if you’re a fan of the Bond films.

It’s a challenge/around the world quiz game, and there’s literally no expense spared.

A really easy watch, with lots of not so subtle Easter egg fans for those fans of the films watching.

My Dads review: spacer.png

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I'm on Steve Carell's last series of The Office and I'll probably bin it after he goes unless I'm missing anything major with it?

There's still some good after Carell leaves but there is also a lot of awful. I'd say try it and see how you feel.

Fargo season 5 is halfway through and absolutely smashing it. An incredible scene with Jon Hamm and Jennifer Jason Leigh in the latest episode - just two brilliant actors playing absolute bastards being passive aggressive to each other.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I'll probably make It's Always Sunny my next sitcom watch after I've had enough of The Office. I tried it a bunch of years ago but couldn't get past the first couple of episodes but I've got more patience now for stuff to get going.

I'm on Steve Carell's last series of The Office and I'll probably bin it after he goes unless I'm missing anything major with it?

I finally did Always Sunny this year after skipping season 1 completely and found I actually enjoyed it after all!

There is definitely some good stuff post Carell in The Office. But I also grew to enjoy Robert California on our second rewatch which I appreciate is a controversial take.

25 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I'll say it again, I think he is one of the worst characters in sitcom history.

Why? He's far from my favourite character but I don't understand the hate for him.

I agree with Chest that Nellie was the only one that was awful. Just a terrible character shoehorned for no real reason or gain to the show. Just felt like a way to get Catherine Tate on screen.

Edited by deathrey

10 minutes ago, deathrey said:

Why? He's far from my favourite character but I don't understand the hate for him.

I think he's absolutely dreadful, isn't remotely funny, and I can't think of a single time I laughed at him. I hate every scene he's in. Deangelo is equally shit, but at least his main event run is mercifully brief.

2 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I didn't realise Catherine Tate was in it. Well that's my mind made up for me, fuck watching that.

She's not the worst thing in it! Yes that's a low bar.

As someone who has to finish everything, I cannot fathom how you could just stop before the end of the series! But appreciate life is short :)

@SuperBaconI agree Deangelo was shit but I often feel Will Ferrell hams everything up and this was just another example of that. Whilst Kalifornia never had me roaring with laughter, he served a purpose and furthered the storylines that he needed to and his character was at least interesting.

Catherine Tate is the worst thing in it!! I really can't stand her, she is not funny in the least.