• Paid Members

Finished it last night, such an incredible show with a finish as subtle as you'd expect from it. I think it'll never quite garner the appreciation it deserves because of being in Breaking Bad's shadow. Which I suppose is fair game- this show wouldn't be what it is if it wasn't a spin-off from BB.

I thought Lalo was a fine addition tbh, an absolutely unhinged menace. One of the most unnerving characters I've seen since Javier Bardem in that gas station scene in No Country For Old Men.

For me Howard was the opposite to Walt and Saul in that he had a slow burning face turn across the entire run. A genuine good guy with no shades of grey. 

Spoiler

I love Lalo, just a straight up cartoon villain amongst a fantastic cast of shades of grey characters. With Howard I think there was always a sense that his good guy act was a pretence and he was a prick underneath it all and as it unraveled it turned out he was genuine.

I’ll pop it in tags seeing as people are still working their way through BCS.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Haven't watched much telly recently but Killing It is largely great aside from that weird episode where Jillian's looking after the house. Also, Tim Heidecker with another win over Gregg Turkington.

I started rewatching Brooklyn Nine Nine with my 15yo as well and they love it. Still amazed by how consistently good it was.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I started rewatching Brooklyn Nine Nine with my 15yo as well and they love it. Still amazed by how consistently good it was.

Me and the Mrs are on our first watch of this about midway through season 5 now. The main cast all have something to offer and I like how they've touched on some serious issues without changing the shows dynamic. Plenty of big characters and laughs throughout. I can't believe we persisted with watching all of Parks and Rec before we started this. It wasn't worth it even for Ron Swanson. 

• Moderators

The wheels really fell off with parks and rec towards the end. I'm on something like my 4th go around of Brooklyn Nine Nine and it's as good as it ever was. This watch through will culminate in watching the last season for the first time. Somewhat anxious as to what that's going to be like.

Edited by Chest Rockwell