14 hours ago, scratchdj said:

Watched the new episode of Better Call Saul which was as amazing as ever. One thing though, albeit small.

Hide contents

When we rewatched Breaking Bad, me and my wife were taken back by this seemingly throw away line from Saul.

That’s quite some continuity. But now Lalo is dead and that Mike pretty much told Jimmy and Kim, it makes this exchange a little less meaningful.

I’d love to know if these seeds were purposefully planted in Breaking Bad, or whether they picked things they could use retrospectively.

Spoiler

Mike never said Lalo was dead just that he's gone and never coming back. Last season Mike told Jimmy that Lalo was going to be delt with which Jimmy believed and then Lalo turned up and killed Howard in his kitchen.

So I see it more that Jimmy is so scared of Lalo that he doesn't truly believe Mike and thinks Lalo could still be out there, and when Walt and Jessie took him to the desert in BB his first thought was that it was Lalo coming after him again. 

• Paid Members

On Sunday I binged the whole series 3 of Barry. Didn't quite reach the quality of series 2 but I can't imagine there's a better thing on TV being made right now. 

Must start this Barry show everyone is banging on about.

Watched all of Better Things Series 5 today. Such a wonderful show, and surely the most underrated and to be honest unseen shows of the last few years.

Pamela Adlon is of course wonderful, but it's her children that once again steal the show, Hannah Alligood as middle child Frankie in particular. One to watch.

A wonderful supporting cast of Celia Imrie, Kevin Pollak and Diedrich Bader help and there is also an "England" episode that isn't the usual cliched bollocks for once! 

A lovely show, and one I will miss, as I'm pretty sure series 5 is the last one.

All on the iplayer for those interested. 

New episode of BETTER CALL SAUL was all kinds of emotions.

Spoiler

Amazing how the thing everyone wanted to happen at the start, seeing BB Saul, turns out to be the thing we didn't want to happen. Superb acting once again from all involved, and the next 4 episodes promise to be quite something

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Nexus said:

Where did you manage to watch Barry? I thought it was on NowTV but it's not! 

It's been taken down already. Will be back up just before the next season I expect. Otherwise it can be bought on Apple TV etc

1 hour ago, chokeout said:
Spoiler

Timeline wise this is now about 2-3 years on from that. It is more that once Kim left, Jimmy turned himself full into a cartoon character, flattened himself, to stop with dealing with the pain. He leaned into his worst habits and is now fully Saul. The juztaposition between the sign on the office roof at the start to one at the end is a not so subtle metaphor of what's happened. He's full on Saul

Edited by Factotum

15 hours ago, Nexus said:

Where did you manage to watch Barry? I thought it was on NowTV but it's not! 

When I started watching it, it said it was available until the 14th. I downloaded them all to my SkyQ box and it seems like they stay on there after they’ve been taken down!

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Factotum said:

Yeah I get the time jump. I just thought that seeing as the line directly before it was about how one day you'll wake up and you won't think about Howard that this is that day. After however long the time jump was he is now fully Saul as the guilt over Howard was the last remnant of Jimmy. 

I like to have a shit TV show on in the background that I can semi-ignore while I'm falling asleep, and after going through all of Silent Witness and Death in Paradise I decided to go for NYPD Blue next and it's actually brilliant. I'm only about five or six episodes in but I'm really enjoying it and watching the whole thing rather than falling asleep part way through an episode like usual. It's in the same kind of gritty, urban cop drama vein as The Wire but with loads more bare arses and less need for subtitles.

Plus the music score is absolutely mega.