The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, air_raid said:

Punk thwarting a McIntyre cash in is the only way to go for me.

This is probably correct, although it did give me a brief pause to wonder if there's a way Punk could end up with the briefcase himself somehow (ideally not via a ladder match given his injury record). The dynamic of Punk, who isn't necessarily on TV every week, cashing in at some stage unexpectedly is quite intriguing. Maybe turning heel in the process, somewhere down the line echoing his cash-in from 2009.  Not saying it's the correct call at all, but it would be a fascinating direction.  

32 minutes ago, mim731 said:

This is probably correct, although it did give me a brief pause to wonder if there's a way Punk could end up with the briefcase himself somehow (ideally not via a ladder match given his injury record). The dynamic of Punk, who isn't necessarily on TV every week, cashing in at some stage unexpectedly is quite intriguing. Maybe turning heel in the process, somewhere down the line echoing his cash-in from 2009.  Not saying it's the correct call at all, but it would be a fascinating direction.  

It’s surely not outside the realms of possibility. Didn’t Lesnar insert himself into the match last minute, and win ‘just because’ a few years back?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, The King of Old School said:

My disappointment is that I have seen no Seth comments from this show yet?

He must have done something to rile folk up?

You're really bad at this. Fair play to you for sticking to it after all these years though.

17 hours ago, air_raid said:

Punk thwarting a McIntyre cash in is the only way to go for me.

For the other briefcase it’s no doubt Tiffy Time.

Punk pushing Drew off the ladder as he’s about to claim the briefcase would work too though, right?

Although I suppose from Punk’s point of view, screwing the actual title match rather than the chance of a title match might make more sense. 

Unless Punk really wants to physically hurt him, which brings me back to chucking him off a ladder. 

Intruiging either way, looking forward to it!

3 hours ago, Mr Kennedy said:

Punk pushing Drew off the ladder as he’s about to claim the briefcase would work too though, right?

It would but I imagine someone having the briefcase for any length of time is just an annoyance for the style of booking Triple H likes so getting it off someone right away is probably ideal for him.

While I'm definitely intrigued with the howdy clan and where it's going I can't help but keep thinking they have built this up for months with the QR codes etc and they finally debut and seemingly go after Chad gable. I mean no disrespect to him he's a solid worker but not aiming high really. Not the world champion or any champion seems underwhelming.

Also is the plan still having roman back for Summerslam I really hope so. Can't believe I'm saying this but he's been missed 

22 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

While I'm definitely intrigued with the howdy clan and where it's going I can't help but keep thinking they have built this up for months with the QR codes etc and they finally debut and seemingly go after Chad gable. I mean no disrespect to him he's a solid worker but not aiming high really. Not the world champion or any champion seems underwhelming.

Also is the plan still having roman back for Summerslam I really hope so. Can't believe I'm saying this but he's been missed 

Well they've already given a logical explanation to what the Wyatts are doing and why they're targeting him. If people are struggling with it now then they'd get even worse if they were slotted in right at the top of the card. Maybe if the act gets over enough to justify it but as others have said - it's still Bo Dallas, so unlikely. It's not an act driven by a belt motivation.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, OzExile said:

The idea of Jey Uso winning the briefcase is great until the bell rings. 

Nothing would quite sum up the Silver Medal like a guy who’s not top tier running around with the briefcase in pursuit of the last guy who wasn’t top tier but won the belt by cashing in the briefcase.

I did initially think Knight would be a decent shout but I really wouldn’t want any secondary babyface casting a shadow over Cody at this point. Seeing Drew was involved, some continuation of Punk fucking him over is the way to go. Would be fitting, considering how many briefcase cash ins they’ve been involved in combined. Though not quite as many as Edge, obviously.

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Gooner said:

I didn't realise how over Jay Uso was till I caught the beginning of this show. He needs to be winning MITB and Punk needs to be costing McIntye in the same match. 

His entrance is mega over, but I don't think fans are genuinely invested in him winning.

I'm going with Chad Gable and Tiffany Stratton as MITB winners. It's always better with a heel having it I think. Plus Gable can play off the fact that Otis was Mr MITB but lost it etc. 

My sentimental choice is LA Knight but if he is finally the one to beat Logan Paul then I'm all for that. 

• Paid Members

I thought they were leaning towards Gable winning MitB too, but now that the Wyatt lot are fucking with him, it wouldn't make them look very strong if they let that happen. He's probably going to reach the top of the ladder, get a hand on the briefcase, then vanish into thin air after a lights-out moment.