The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members

Imagine if this is all 4D chess and he's not going anywhere, secretly signed a new deal and is just taking a break, then all the WWE fans who slagged him off since the news broke and all of the AEW fans who changed their tune on him after years of saying how AEW have better high flyers, all have egg on their face.

I think that would be my best case scenario, everyone looks like pricks, fantastic. 

I was actually surprised he got a good few shots in at Bron to start and had him reeling. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Missed opportunity not having Strowman run into shot with an, “I’M NOT DONE WITH YOU, YET!” before tipping the Ambulance over. Doesn’t even matter if Braun wasn’t feuding with Ricochet. If anything, that would have just made it funnier.

Genuinely impressive how quickly Ricochet left the company after Ethan Page arrived though. Probably didn’t even have time to bump into each other in the corridor with a quick, “alright, Bugs Bunny!”

Pat McAfee taking over ring announcing because Samantha Irvin went to check on Ricochet is the type of fun, outside-of-the-box fun we’d have never have gotten with the old regime. “Introducing first, A BIG HANDSOME BASTARD FROM SCOTLAND!”

Remember when the referees went on strike due to dangerous working conditions? Love stuff like that.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Remember when the referees went on strike due to dangerous working conditions? Love stuff like that.

That's exactly what reading about this put me in mind of! It's something you have to do sparingly, but anything that makes wrestling shows feel a little more like an interconnected world and less like a series of unrelated segments works wonders for me.

• Paid Members

Though that did mean when I was doing a trip round the US, I got to sit through a show with the following results:

(TBF, these are largely unremembered in favour of Rock-Mankind This Is Your Life on the same show.)

Screenshot_1.png

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, JNLister said:

Though that did mean when I was doing a trip round the US, I got to sit through a show with the following results:

(TBF, these are largely unremembered in favour of Rock-Mankind This Is Your Life on the same show.)

Screenshot_1.png

17 minutes of wrestling on two hour show!

22 hours ago, buba3d said:

I love how the heel stable react exactly the opposite to how you’d expect a bunch of lads to react when your mate is away from his bird. Valiant cock blocking bros trying to protect Dirty Dom from repeated sexual assault attempts.

• Paid Members
On 6/11/2024 at 4:00 PM, LaGoosh said:

17 minutes of wrestling on two hour show!

Well, if there’s one thing that ruins a wrestling TV show, it’s too much wrestling.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Well, if there’s one thing that ruins a wrestling TV show, it’s too much wrestling.

Clean finishes too apparently. 4 of the 6 matches end in DQ. 

I know that "This is your life" segment is looked back on as a classic but I distinctly remember being pretty bored watching it at the time as it just went on forever. On a rewatch years later I thought it was ok, typical Rock catchphrase stuff, but not really worthy of the legend it has created. It wasn't anywhere near as funny as some of the stuff Kurt, Mick or Edge & Christian would do the following year.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

The best comedy WWE has ever done was Edge & Christian and their kazoo.

I quite enjoyed Loony Toon Hornswagle when he would paint holes in walls and disappear. Oh, and the whole Muppets episode with the backstage bit was probably the last time it really made me laugh.