The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members

Final Testament makes Retribution feel like fucking 1997 Hart Foundation. Kross is the absolute piss poor worst. It beggars belief how he’s even still employed, never mind still getting chance after chance to get over. He must have something over Hunter. He must know what’s in the lock box.

I refuse to allow a worst stable discussion that The Corre aren’t included in so I’d go for them being the worst since The Corre.

I still don’t know how that is pronounced and I don’t care to be taught either.

Yeah it's The Corre for me. An even worse Corre than Jim Corr. Retribution nearly take it but in my head they still somehow 'benefit' from the chasm of irrelevancy that is mid-pandemic entertainment. Minor nothings like the Oddities, The League of Nations (there's one for you) etc were never going anywhere. But splitting the act that had been the main theme of Raw for half a year at that point? That had potential. 

The Corre were dead in the water from the word go. Awful music, awful identikit (seriously two interns and a couple of napkins and you'd have a better general theme/visual representation), completely insta-killed any semblance of Wade Barrett having breakout star potential.

I was probably too much a schmuck to think the idea of splitting Nexus at least had potential. When Punk took over the yellow crowd and made them the New Nexus there was about five minutes where it did seem like it was going to be this weird cultish vibe where anyone that fucked up was getting Singapore caned by the rest of them afterward. It never happened though. They just split the factions and utterly lost all interest in anything to do with it. Proper 2010s doldrums stuff. 

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I am! Who the hell was that?!

You don’t remember Mace, Slapjack, T-Bar, Reckoning and Retaliation? I had to look up the last two names. Absolutely awful from the covid era.  

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, TheBurningRed said:

You don’t remember Mace, Slapjack, T-Bar, Reckoning and Retaliation? I had to look up the last two names. Absolutely awful from the covid era.  

Slapjack 🤣 

No, but seriously... Who was Retribution?!

• Paid Members

Poor Shane Thorne man. Good wrestler, devilishly handsome and a pretty funny and charismatic personality, and he got Slapjacked. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2024 at 7:33 AM, JLM said:

Poor Shane Thorne man. Good wrestler, devilishly handsome and a pretty funny and charismatic personality, and he got Slapjacked. 

Well Shane married Kimmy Jiminez and wrestles regularly for NJPW, so it's worked out alright for him.

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm8551777/bio/#:~:text=Kimmy Jimenez is an American,The Big O (2018).

Edited by Version1.0

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Version1.0 said:

Well Shane married Kimmy Jiminez and wrestles regularly for NJPW, so it's worked out alright for him.

Joining back up, obviously, with Mikey Nicholls. Following the path of outgrowing Noah and giving it a crack in WWE, then leaving to learn New Japan is the right place.

see also : KENTA/Hideo Itami.

On 5/28/2024 at 7:27 PM, Supremo said:

Final Testament makes Retribution feel like fucking 1997 Hart Foundation. Kross is the absolute piss poor worst. It beggars belief how he’s even still employed, never mind still getting chance after chance to get over. He must have something over Hunter. He must know what’s in the lock box.

Honestly, when he and Scarlett first started in NXT I was all over it.
His presentation made me think he would be a huge main event star. 

Even when he came back, I thought 'Okay, this is it. He looks the business with a bit of hair. He'll be the big star I thought he would be'.

...and now,.... yeah, .... whatever 'it' is it's clear he hadn't get it.