The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

I've never got the thinking behind wanting Roman to Wrestle both nights

It was the same last year when people convinced themselves it would be Roman vs Sami on night 1 and Roman vs Cody on night 2

Why would Roman ever agree to do that when everything we know about his character is that he wrestles the bare minimum he possibly can

At least last year the belts were split so you could have the argument that he was forced to defend the Universal title one night and the WWE title the next night but now the belts are one singular belt why would he even entertain the thought

And it devalves Cody's win massively "oh well he beat someone who had a huge emotional family driven match 24 hours beforehand"

It muddies the build to both matches having to build to 2 simultaneously with 2 different opponents and it will be the build to Cody that would suffer and get overshadowed big time

I'm fairly certain they won't have Roman work both nights though

Would be quite bizarre having Rock vs Roman finally take place in Australia of all places after what 9 years since that Rumble moment when The Rock endorsed Roman after his win and people started talking about it and that all happened in Philly.

Guess it's a good selling point for these international shows though highlighting they really aren't just your B level minor shows anymore after Cena showed up in London and potentially The Rock in Australia

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

It's possible. There was some talk a couple of weeks ago that the Australian government/tourist board/something or other were trying to convince WWE to book The Rock. If somebody else is footing the bill for it, I can see WWE not waiting until Mania.

If they can get two matches out of him, which I doubt, it could kill two birds with one stone if he works Roman at Elimination Chamber and CM Punk to main event one night of Wrestlemania.

I don't know, Rock/Roman is the biggest match they can do by far and I can't imagine a) Rock wanting to do anything other than the main event of Mania and b)them changing their booking philosophy so radically. 

I can imagine Rock being on the chamber show for a promo segment or an angle, but not doing Wrestlemania seems like such a profound departure from how they book and view Mania that I just can't see it.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Elimination Chamber would be perfect. You finally do the match, Roman can win, and then Cody can still finish the story at Wrestlemania. No rubber chickens needed.

Anyone clamouring for The Rock vs. Roman for either the promos or the match itself needs to get real. Rock was washed both on the mic and in the ring twelve years ago. Things will have only gotten worse. I’m all for doing the match for the spectacle of it, but I’m expecting the worst when it comes to actual performance from Dwayne. I mean, just look how gassed he was last night! I wouldn’t have been shocked if he stopped his promo half way through, at, “should The Rock sit…” Yes, you should mate. You look fucking wrecked.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Elimination Chamber would be perfect. You finally do the match, Roman can win, and then Cody can still finish the story at Wrestlemania. No rubber chickens needed.

Anyone clamouring for The Rock vs. Roman for either the promos or the match itself needs to get real. Rock was washed both on the mic and in the ring twelve years ago. Things will have only gotten worse. I’m all for doing the match for the spectacle of it, but I’m expecting the worst when or comes to actual performance from Dwayne. I mean, just look how gassed he was last night! I wouldn’t have been shocked if he stopped his promo half way through, at, “should The Rock sit…” Yes, you should mate. You look fucking wrecked.

Roman has another 200 odd days to surpass Hulk Hogan's record. Cody/Reigns 2 was never going to happen at Mania this year. I have been saying that for months, they are going to get Roman to beat the record.

Just now, LaGoosh said:

I'd be surprised if Rock's muscles didn't just melt off his bones after 5 minutes of wrestling a real match.

He may be the only man alive who, after seven minutes in Roman's reverse chinlock, asks if they can slow it down.

Has The Rock done any Saudi shows? Surely if he was interested in boosting any countries tourism board he’d have done one of them shows. He also makes a gazillion quid for all his films so it’s not like he’s super motivated by the paycheque. I just can’t imagine him not doing the biggest wrestling match in the world on the biggest stage of all.

• Paid Members
Just now, d-d-d-dAz said:

He may be the only man alive who, after seven minutes in Roman's reverse chinlock, asks if they can slow it down.

Unrelated but you just reminded me of one of my favourite signs ever of "Another chinlock, Randy?" being held up smack bang in the middle of the hardcam during yet another chinlock from Randy Orton.

It was an awful promo, and when did Mahal start doing the anti-American gimmick?  The whole thing was something dragged from the gutter of wrestling history.

Any talk of that match happening anywhere but Mania is crazy, I think.  The Convicts might want Rock down under but WWE have a 2-night Mania to sell.  

So it all depends on what the longer term plan is for Reigns.  If they want to bring the whole Bloodline chapter to an end, have him lose the title at EC and lose the Tribal Chief spot to The Rock at Wrestlemania.  Then he can disappear for a while and come back as a face maybe.

If they want him to continue as the Head Of The Table then they might as well leave the title on him and have him beat Rock at Mania.

Either way, with The Rock and CM Punk back for the season, Cody isn't getting a sniff of the "finish the story" Wrestlemania title win we've all been pretending they still had in store for him.  Everyone but Vince knew it was last year or bust.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members

Fucking hell.

4 minutes ago, Loki said:

Either way, with The Rock and CM Punk back for the season, Cody isn't getting a sniff of the "finish the story" Wrestlemania title win we've all been pretending they still had in store for him.  Everyone but Vince knew it was last year or bust.

That would be depressing as hell. I was rolling around in my head yesterday "If you go all the way with Cody for the new guy, I guess it sounds better to do it at 40 rather than 39." Now I don't know what to think.

Is Roman vs Rock the best match they could put on the marquee for Mania 40? Yes. Does that mean they should do it? No.

12 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Roman has another 200 odd days to surpass Hulk Hogan's record.

Casual reminder for pendants - the August mark here that people are talking about "passing Hogan's record" would only mean passing Hogan's duration with a version of the company title, in this case the Universal title, not with THE title. To pass the Hulk's record with the same title, the WWF/WWE title, he'd need to hold it beyond Mania 42.

It's double-bollocks when you consider that the Universal title doesn't really exist any more in any real sense since the two titles were unified then they created Seth's title to separate into "two shows, two titles" again. I couldn't give a shit that he could make 4 years with the Balor/Owens/Goldberg belt.

3 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Maybe they have Cody win the belt in Australia instead

You don’t end your longest title reign in nearly 40 years 6 weeks before your biggest show(s) of the year.

WM40 should end with a babyface lifting the title. Bret at 10, Lord Voldemort at 20, Bryan at 30. Cody “finishing the story” is the logical end to 40. Whether they go with that or not is another story entirely 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, MVP RULZ said:

Why would Roman ever agree to do that when everything we know about his character is that he wrestles the bare minimum he possibly can

Because the whole point of allowing a heel to have that much control and to run roughshod over the company should be for him to eventually get his comeuppance. 

As you say, Roman's belts no longer being treated as two individual titles, and them having introduced another World Title, means the time for doing this has passed. But it was ridiculous that they never did it, given that they had two nights of Wrestlemania, and two World Championships both on the same heel.

• Paid Members

The Convicts can have Grayson Waller win the Elimination Chamber and a run in from Bushwacker Alive and the ghost of Bushwacker Dead. They don't get Rock v Roman or even Roman v Cody. The Rock is only coming back for Mania, he doesn't need the money from the Saudi's, or a trip down under. 

Young Rock was filmed in Australia, so was San Andreas, and I think the big lug has at least one house there.

Yeah, let's do it in Australia and get it out the way.

He can come back and get squashed by Solo at Mania if he really wants.

#FinishTheStory