VHS and Betamax You Have Recently Rented

Frankie Crisp

10 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Speaking of Emmerdale, watched a slasher last night called Slaughter High that had Terry Woods in it. Nearly showed his wood as well.

Pollard made a few grumble flicks didn’t he? And in 1984, you see Ednas hairy fanny. 

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Dune

Saw this a week or so ago, and my god.Absolutely blew me away and I think a LOT of people are going to be very happy when they see it.

Not seen the original so cant compare but yeah, film of the year for me for sure.

Is it a "part 1" type film? Or does it work as a stand alone? I know there's hope for more but I do wonder how successful it'll be. It's a tough sell at a tough time.

I don’t think it’s even the entire story of Book 1 is it? I thought I read it’s about half of that one. That’s my biggest fear for Dune too, that I’m going to watch this amazing film that never gets a second part. Surely they won’t buy in to Villanueve’s vision for the story without committing to the second part. 

I know they didn't let him film the two parts at the same time.

The only issue is HBO Max same day release has really harmed WB in the US. Will people come out for DUNE? I hope so, but I'm not confident.

Looking forward to it. His BLADE RUNNER 2049 was stunning. I know it divided people but i absolutely love it.

40 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Looking forward to it. His BLADE RUNNER 2049 was stunning. I know it divided people but i absolutely love it.

Blade Runner 2049 was the perfect Blade Runner sequel. Everything I never thought was possible. Absolutely stunning.

However Blade Runner was never that successful to start with so it wasn't too surprising the sequel didn't do very well. It was definitely a labour of love rather than anything commercial. Well, I guess they're all commercial to a point but it wasn't one of those 'cash in' sequels because there wasn't much to cash in on really.

I'm still blown away by it to this day. I regularly watch the 4k at home.

• Paid Members

Surprised to see the love for BR2049. Blade Runner is possibly my favourite film ever but I thought 2049 came straight from the “Matrix sequels” textbook of fleshing out a world introduced in the original, going way too far and leaving me feeling cold. The run time of about three days didn’t help.