VHS and Betamax You Have Recently Rented

Frankie Crisp

59 minutes ago, Magnum Milano said:

For me it was his pom pom shaking during this performance of Mickey by Toni Basil during his days as a Top of the Pops backing dancer.

Sensational stuff!! This is like when I found out Jason Statham was dancing in his grunts in a video for The Shamen

• Paid Members

Vacation (2015)

Probably an unpopular opinion but we found it way better than the Chevy Chase original, which was simply OK. Yeah it's full of shit and vomit jokes but the majority of them land and everyone gets time to shine in this. While a lot of the main jokes are laugh-out-loud funny, a lot of good bits come from the cameos like the police at the Four Corners Monument, Charlie Day doing a river raft tour, or Norman Reedus completely deadpanning "So you're not a rapist?".

Probably not everyone's cup of tea but we've not laughed that much at a film in ages.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Vacation (2015)

Probably an unpopular opinion but we found it way better than the Chevy Chase original, which was simply OK. Yeah it's full of shit and vomit jokes but the majority of them land and everyone gets time to shine in this. While a lot of the main jokes are laugh-out-loud funny, a lot of good bits come from the cameos like the police at the Four Corners Monument, Charlie Day doing a river raft tour, or Norman Reedus completely deadpanning "So you're not a rapist?".

Probably not everyone's cup of tea but we've not laughed that much at a film in ages.

Because I think Chevy is the absolute pits, I have to agree that I find the original overrated and for what this is, I enjoyed it. I would still say I laughed at other comedies more like Game Night, Neighbours and Tag, but I thought this was a good watch with some good laughs.

The Vacation remake was very disappointing and my expectations were already low. The family dynamic was completely shit. Clarke is a complete cuck. I can’t be doing with Christina Applegate though, always seems like a tv actress on a film screen to me with her shit acting and delivery. I think they should have changed it up a bit and had a female lead or at least a more equal partnership. If that’s Steve Carrell and Jennifer Anniston as the family leads then it’s a much better film (with still quite a lot of shit gags).

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Factotum said:

I am lost for words

There is literally nothing redeeming about Chevy Chase. An awful man, rightfully kicked out of Hollywood. Fuck him. 

4 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

The Vacation remake was very disappointing and my expectations were already low. The family dynamic was completely shit. Clarke is a complete cuck. I can’t be doing with Christina Applegate though, always seems like a tv actress on a film screen to me with her shit acting and delivery. I think they should have changed it up a bit and had a female lead or at least a more equal partnership. If that’s Steve Carrell and Jennifer Anniston as the family leads then it’s a much better film (with still quite a lot of shit gags).

Yeah, you lost me at Christina Applegate so now I am at a lost for words 

10 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

There is literally nothing redeeming about Chevy Chase. An awful man, rightfully kicked out of Hollywood. Fuck him. 

Yeah, you lost me at Christina Applegate so now I am at a lost for words 

If you have any top Christina Applegate performances/films I’m open to having my mind changed on her. She’s no Catherine Hahn.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

If you have any top Christina Applegate performances/films I’m open to having my mind changed on her. She’s no Catherine Hahn.

Who said she was? That’s a weird flex. But Married with Children, Don’t tell mom the babysitters dead, Anchorman 1/2, Dead to Me? But if you’re comparing her to Katherine Hahn, I don’t think they’ll change your mind.

• Paid Members

Besides being allegedly difficult to work with, what's he done wrong? I don't even think he's declared himself to be an American Tory. The worst thing he's done is not punch Mike Read during that 'Evening With'.