Paid Members Scratch Posted August 8 Paid Members Posted August 8 8 hours ago, Jazzy G said: I got a very reasonably priced Mario Kart wheel on eBay that also works with my Laptop, so tonight I set it up while I'm dogsitting for Vicky and played something called Copa Petrobras de Marcas on Steam. It's from the people that do the Automobilista games, and it based around Brazilian stock car racing. It's from 2017, so will probably run on a calculator nowadays and is completely free. Setup still needs a bit of work though. Welcome to the wonderful, addictive world of sim racing 🙂 Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted August 8 Paid Members Posted August 8 2 hours ago, Scratch said: Welcome to the wonderful, addictive world of sim racing 🙂 I got Assetto Corsa for under a fiver a while back, and have a Logitech wheel and pedals all ready to set up when my flat's sorted (Driving Force GT), but liked that wheel for with my Switch. I'm currently trying to talk myself out of picking up a PXN wheel and pedals for my XBox that I spotted on Vinted for £30 the other day. Little side table to attach the wheel to and I should be fine. Hopefully be able to use them for playing bus driving sims, Euro Truck etc as well as playing racing games. I don't think I'll be bothering Jenson Button or Max Verstappen on iRacing anytime soon, but it could still be fun. Quote
Merzbow Posted August 8 Posted August 8 Anyone else watch these guys? They dissect a lot of guns in videogames but aren't knobs about it. Quote
Shirtie Posted August 8 Posted August 8 37 minutes ago, Merzbow said: Anyone else watch these guys? They dissect a lot of guns in videogames but aren't knobs about it. That is Jonathan Ferguson, The Keeper of Firearms & Artillery at the Royal Armouries Museum in the UK which houses a collection of thousands of iconic weapons throughout history. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted August 8 Paid Members Posted August 8 12 hours ago, Scratch said: Welcome to the wonderful, addictive world of sim racing 🙂 Do you still have your SIM rig? Quote
Paid Members Scratch Posted August 9 Paid Members Posted August 9 22 hours ago, BigJag said: Do you still have your SIM rig? I do, although it’s pretty much a Trigger’s Broom these days and I don’t think anything remains from when I posted regular updates here. I still compete, and have set a world record at Outlon Park in the Ferrari 488 Evo. The rig now has a Simucube Pro 3 wheelbase and Ascher Racing Lamborghini rim, Simucube force feedback pedals and haptics in the seat. I’ve ordered a 5-point harness and belt tightener that should be here soon, which will give a sense of inertia and g force. Still using VR, as I much prefer it than using a flat monitor. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted August 9 Paid Members Posted August 9 Looks fantastic and very intuitive. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted August 9 Paid Members Posted August 9 I attached the wheel to a coffee table and sat on a folding chair while I was playing at Vicky's this past weekend. It was the lowest of low rent, and my body was contorted at a very unusual angle. Also couldn't figure out which games were best in 180 and which were best in 270. I was definitely getting better with time, though. I will need to have a serious rethink if I'm going to be playing on my XBox and Switch at home, but I'll figure it out. Hopefully that PXN V900 will still be available for £30 on Vinted when I get paid next week as I'll be able to use that on XBox and Switch. There's a way to map the right analogue stick to the pedals for Switch games that use the right stick for analogue acceleration. I spent tonight blasting through the lower ranked Rivals stuff on Forza 7 driving the A-Team van and carving seconds off my lap times on one of the tracks I like, although I really should get back on with Assetto Corsa. Maybe if I do end up with that wheel as I'm not always most confident in my steering using the analogue stick. I know it'll be a huge learning curve. Quote
Ironic Indie Lad Posted August 10 Posted August 10 I was contemplating selling my PS5 as I genuinely had even plugged it in since whenever the Resident Evil 4 remake came out. I have black face plates, cosmic red extra controller, about 20 games. I assumed I could get a good price for it. All I was getting via marketplace was insults like £250 for the lot etc. I decided to take it down and just keep it as I cant be bothered dealing with 1 transaction much less several if I part it all out for smaller sales. Glad I did as I ended up buying Spider-Man 2 with amazon credit I had via work. I was a big fan of the first one and Miles Morales. I was also up for playing something quite superhero-y after having so much fun with Cosmic Invasion. This one passed me by as it came out shortly after my daughter was born. I just didn't have the time plus it coincided with the peak of my complete indifference to modern AAA games. It's more of the same really but I find you just really get into a flow-state with the movement and combat in this and its all very satisfying. It is one of the very few games where I am more than happy to complete bollocks side content just to have some reasons to swing around the map doing cool stuff. At the pace I play games, I may well go straight into Wolverine after this. Quote
BarryOVega Posted August 12 Posted August 12 Thanks for the advice, especially not buying from CEX, picked one up in Cash Converters for 70 quid, good condition just needed a wipe, came with a bright pink, black and white controller the lad behind the counter thought he'd have to convince me to take but thankfully 1. It's 2026 so who gives a fuck about having anything in pink 2. I'd already convinced myself it was a Bret Hart special edition controller Quote
westlondonmist Posted August 14 Posted August 14 Picked up Fitness Boxing Fist of the North Star on sale a few weeks ago. Must say I really like it. The dubbing is awful but kind of has it's own charm. I also like that you earn shit in a game, new music, new workouts, new clothes, new trainers etc. I had the original Fitness Boxing and struggled with it. Something about the Anime style that just brings you in. The music is cracking too. Quote
Paid Members Bus Surfer Posted August 14 Paid Members Posted August 14 After enjoying, but not finishing the walking sim Still Wakes The Deep partly because I no longer have Gamepass but mostly because it scared me, I decided to give The Exit 8 a try. It's a liminal space walking sim. Basic, but great fun if you like this sort of slow pace, spot the difference thing. A couple of slightly creepy visuals, but nothing scary on the whole. Worth the 3 quid of whatever it was. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted August 14 Paid Members Posted August 14 I’ve found that Exit 8 is great to play with my kids. I’ll be, “driving,” whilst they spot the anomalies. ”The man’s gone ginormous! Run! Run!” Quote
Paid Members Bus Surfer Posted August 14 Paid Members Posted August 14 Exit 8 has lead me to Dreamcore and Dream Pools... Oh my. Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted August 15 Paid Members Posted August 15 (edited) There's also the sequel Platform 8, which happens on the train itself and leans into the creepiness a bit more. Some anomalies you have to spot, some anomalies which are not hidden at all but you have to find a safe way past them rather than turn back. I like Exit 8 a lot and convinced a few people to buy it, though my cousin had this dream run on it where her first run took ten minutes because she got the luckiest set of anomalies back to back and completely breezed it. She brings up how she is amazing at it any chance she gets. There's also an Exit 8 movie, which I thought was decent but a little disappointing given how much I like the premise and the video game. Had some good moments but felt a bit like Backrooms to me where I was so much more interested in the creepy space and watching people explore it than I was the story they'd shoved in to try and flesh it out. It was uncanny how much it looks like the game though, and the movie version of the walking Salary Man is even more unsettling: Spoiler Edited August 15 by JLM Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.