Paid Members Jazzy G Posted August 18 Paid Members Posted August 18 No problem. @Scratch rather than prevaricating about side tables I had a look on ebay and found a folding rig I'm going to pick up on Monday afternoon. I'm excited, but also pretty anxious about it. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted August 19 Paid Members Posted August 19 5 hours ago, Merzbow said: It'll work on any remotely modern PC, it doesn't need a beast if it also runs on an Xbox 360. Great. I'll see if I can get it running on the laptop. It'll absolutely have to be connected to the big TV. Wonder how well that would work wirelessly/casted? I'll also need a suitable joypad. Could I get a Negcon to work with this setup? Quote
Merzbow Posted August 19 Posted August 19 4 hours ago, BigJag said: Negcon I think you'd need some kind of adapter but sure I'd imagine so with some tweaking as this is the arcade version not PS1. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted August 19 Paid Members Posted August 19 (edited) A Negcon will run you at least £40 and you'd need to find a PlayStation to USB adapter and likely some software to get it working properly. For the same kind of money you may be able to get a reasonably priced wheel and some pedals preowned. That Hori Mario Kart wheel I posted pics of in here the other day is also available in plain black without all the Mario Kart branding on it, and is fine for what you'd need it for. Although you're then having to work out where to set it all up. Edited August 19 by Jazzy G Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted August 19 Paid Members Posted August 19 7 hours ago, BigJag said: Negcon Sounds like a meetup of manosphere types. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted August 19 Paid Members Posted August 19 had my first go on Big Walk last night - my partner's off to a music festival today, and had a mate staying with us before they headed off together, so while she packed, me and the friend played Big Walk with me on Steam in one room and her on the PS5 in another. It was a bit clunky in places - for some reason I couldn't always hear her audio even when I should have been able to, and the connection dropped a couple of times - but as a game it was ridiculous fun. She's not a gamer at all, and was overjoyed by really daft little bits - that you can pick each other up, that at one point there's a mirror you can look in and see yourself, and the other person can dick around behind you. We didn't get very far in terms of puzzles, but it was a lot of fun just wandering about and dicking around. I imagine it will be chaos with more players, in a good way. I never really do online multiplayer, but I want to make some time to do more of this. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted August 19 Paid Members Posted August 19 @Jazzy G £40! I could have got one for £10 a couple of years ago. At the moment I simply don't have the room for a wheel set-up. My mancave has had to be dismantled due to building works. I've just spotted a Sensible Soccer league thats up and running at https://sensiblesoccer.de/. The same group may also run the very similar Kick Off 2 league/tournament. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted August 19 Paid Members Posted August 19 @BigJag You may be able to find one cheaper if you have a hunt around, but my searches on Vinted and eBay rarely turned anything up for much less than £35, and that's usually before postage. Facebook Marketplace etc may have some bargain ones knocking about. Space conscious simracers are snapping them up as an alternative to a wheel. I have heard good things about using the original Steam controller for driving games as the motion controls can be set to act like a steering wheel and they can be had for anything from £15. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted August 23 Paid Members Posted August 23 With Sony announcing that they want to eliminate physical media. A week long boycott of Playstation use is being organised. Aug 23rd to Aug 30th. Logout of PSN. Turn off the consoles. Anyone planning on taking part in the boycott? Quote
TildeGuy~! Posted August 23 Author Posted August 23 So I’m super late to the party but Vampire Survivors came to PS Plus this month and I’m addicted Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted August 23 Paid Members Posted August 23 1 hour ago, TildeGuy~! said: So I’m super late to the party but Vampire Survivors came to PS Plus this month and I’m addicted Some of the DLC campaigns are a lot of fun, too. Very well thought out to capture the feel of the original game. I particularly like the Among Us one where you still have to go around the ship performing tasks wile dealing with the hordes of enemies. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted August 23 Paid Members Posted August 23 1 hour ago, Jazzy G said: Some of the DLC campaigns are a lot of fun, too. Very well thought out to capture the feel of the original game. I particularly like the Among Us one where you still have to go around the ship performing tasks wile dealing with the hordes of enemies. Yeah, pretty much all of the DLC is fantastic, but I particularly enjoyed this one. I’d also recommend Vampire Crawlers, which I’ve sunk an embarrassing amount of time into. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted August 25 Paid Members Posted August 25 my girlfriend was at a festival over the weekend and I had no plans, and I just ended up sinking hours into Vampire Survivors. Absolutely hooked. Quote
The Gaffer Posted August 25 Posted August 25 This is where gaming is at for me, right now. I think a well done N64 shooter that recalibrates the fidelity to not look like melting cornflakes on a modern display whilst keeping that inherent N64ness is my favourite look for a game ever. Also I rewatched TWINE recently and it's aged to be a damn fine sleeper Bond. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted August 25 Paid Members Posted August 25 2 hours ago, BomberPat said: my girlfriend was at a festival over the weekend and I had no plans, and I just ended up sinking hours into Vampire Survivors. Absolutely hooked. They've got the gameplay loop just right. If I could drag myself away from Brotato I'd be sinking more time into it. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.