Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

I've got the Master Chief collection on XBox and made it through the first one, but couldn't properly get into the second. I should have another crack, really. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

And they are extremely picky.

See I'd say they're the opposite, they're all too eager to soyface and point at new tech while ignoring some truly awful artistic direction in many games. It makes a little sense seeing as they're a tech channel first and foremost but so often I'm sitting there thinking "you think that looks good?!?!".

Posted
28 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

See I'd say they're the opposite, they're all too eager to soyface and point at new tech while ignoring some truly awful artistic direction in many games. It makes a little sense seeing as they're a tech channel first and foremost but so often I'm sitting there thinking "you think that looks good?!?!".

 

I was talking about its performance and them saying it runs great, even on the S. Which they are very picky about.

Posted

Yeah, happy the performance is better than some of those early videos and obviously very happy for anyone to be able to play it who hasn't before, I just can't get on with the whole Unreal Engine uncanny valley high realism/dramatic lighting aesthetic that makes everything look like a Modern Warfare map on half a tab of acid. It does objectively look stunning in one sense, but in another its unique art direction has been completely lost and its symptomatic of a much bigger problem with a big budget gaming scene that I won't shy from admitting has left me behind. To each their own. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
39 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

soyface 

Even before looking it up, this was just one of those 'ooh, that sounds alt-righty as fuck' kind of terms, wasn't it?

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Even before looking it up, this was just one of those 'ooh, that sounds alt-righty as fuck' kind of terms, wasn't it?

It's pretty much been hijacked by the online left at this point to be aimed more at your Funko collector types, or those that get overly excited at "slop". I don't think I've seen it in the right's lexicon in years now after it being turned on them too.

If it say anything about me it's that I'm online too much.

Edited by Merzbow
Posted
1 minute ago, TheScarlettChad said:

The only online play is co op? Not for me, Clive. Halo literally brought Xbox Live into existence. That's' a miss, right there. 

They should still have added it, but it's worth noting the original Halo did not have any Xbox Live online functionality. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Tried playing Hell Pie for a bit and it's absolute shite. Aside from the tacked on juvenile humour, the controls are awful and over-sensitive.

Not sure what I'll play next, I might start the Crash Bandicoot games next or just play the Steamworld Dig games again.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Picked up Parking Lot Rally on Switch 2. I think it's on other things. You drive your rally car around car parks. There's a time trial mode where you try to get round as quick as you can, then an endurance mode where you try to survive as long as you can, and get little time bonuses for going through the checkpoints. 

There's a fun Ska Punk soundtrack that puts me in mind of Incredible Crisis. The controls are simple. Right trigger accelerates, left trigger brakes (this won't be needed at first), x initiates a drift. There's are bronze, silver and gold replay ghosts which represent the times to beat to achieve those medals around the track, then if you want to improve further you can race against your own best time ghost. 

The car parks are multi-storey affairs with parked cars to avoid, tight ramps to drift up. 

There are even different "hardware" modes that represent different resolutions and fields of view on the game. Original Hardware is how it was supposed to appear on the "Pluto" a 32-bit 90s home console with CRT scan lines etc. There's emulation mode, which is slightly crisper, but still looks quite 90s. Handheld is, I presume, supposed to represent it as ported to PS Vita, or even Switch so it's higher resolution with a scan line filter designed to look like a scan line filter, rather than actual scan lines. Finally there's modern PC, which is like an HD remake of it. Crystal clear, high polygon graphics, widescreen. A lot of thought has gone into it, and there's definitely a "one more go" feel to it. 

There are three championship series, and there's a eupean DLC that I've not had a look at yet. It's just shy of £7 on sale on Switch eShop at the moment, but is usually £8.99. 

The Power Wash 2 Star Wars DLC is out, but there's also another free Caldera Chronicles chapter as well, set in a filthy bowling alley. It's possible to pick up the bowling balls, put them on the lanes and use your power washer to propel them towards the pins. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

It presumably is to jump on the Librarian bandwagon. I hear Librarian is good, but also has some AI assets in it, which has drawn it some flack. 

Posted
28 minutes ago, Jazzy G said:

It presumably is to jump on the Librarian bandwagon. I hear Librarian is good, but also has some AI assets in it, which has drawn it some flack. 

Yeah with these kind of Steam games there's that chance it's AI or a cheap Unity asset flip, but then there's other class little games like the Trading Game Card Shop one.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/3070070/TCG_Card_Shop_Simulator/

It's been updated constantly over the past two years.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Yeah with these kind of Steam games there's that chance it's AI or a cheap Unity asset flip, but then there's other class little games like the Trading Game Card Shop one.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/3070070/TCG_Card_Shop_Simulator/

It's been updated constantly over the past two years.

I think I remember watching Colonel Failure playing that a while back on YouTube. There are so many shovelware knockoffs of that on Switch. It was the same when A Game About Digging A Hole was the big thing. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...