WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/video-games-and-tablets/xbox-gaming/xbox-series-x-|-s/xbox-series-x-|-s-consoles/xbox-series-x-1tb-console/p/192012

Hit Click and Collect and look at stores.  It's not in every store and I don't know where in the country you are but some Smyths stores have stock.

They don't have any oop north where I am. The thought of going to pick one up from Loughton and seeing whether my ex still lives where she did when we were together 20 years ago was tempting, but I think I'll pass. Nearest one is in Aylesbury, apparently.

@FelatioLipsThey're also doing one with a 1 TB external hard drive for £600-odd.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

They don't have any oop north where I am. The thought of going to pick one up from Loughton and seeing whether my ex still lives where she did when we were together 20 years ago was tempting, but I think I'll pass. Nearest one is in Aylesbury, apparently.

@FelatioLipsThey're also doing one with a 1 TB external hard drive for £600-odd.

Depends if the hard drive is an SSD and if you’d use it. As far as I know external harddrives load at last-gen speeds if games are stored on them instead of the internal SSD. So unless you need the space it sounds like they’re trying to flog old shit off.

Also if it is an external harddrive that’s adding £150 to the cost it’s a con anyway cos that’s way over priced.

Edited by FelatioLips

Speaking of controllers my PS5 one is buggered, had it since release day so it’s had a fair go of it.

The spring in the R2 adaptive trigger has dislodged, the button still works but it’s getting fairly annoying to use and if you give the controller a shake something seems to be rattling around in there now, was gonna pop to Argos to get a new one yesterday but they’re all now sold out which is fairly annoying as they had a shit load recently.

18 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Speaking of controllers my PS5 one is buggered, had it since release day so it’s had a fair go of it.

The spring in the R2 adaptive trigger has dislodged, the button still works but it’s getting fairly annoying to use and if you give the controller a shake something seems to be rattling around in there now, was gonna pop to Argos to get a new one yesterday but they’re all now sold out which is fairly annoying as they had a shit load recently.

Shopto will usually ship them to you within 2 days of ordering if that’s any help although I’d be pissed off if I only had 12 months use out of a £60 controller but I suppose it depends how much you actually use it. I got about 4 years out of both my PS4 controllers and everyone moaned about the battery life on them ones.

Finished Tales Of Arise.

Was fairly happy with it although I thought it was a bit short for a JRPG.

Got Resident Evil Revelations 1 and 2 in the January sale for £13.99 I’ve never played them surprisingly even though I love the series so onto those 2 next before I start Persona 5 Strikers next week

Bought Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2 with a Nintendo gift card I got, was on sale so thought why not. It is no Mario Kart but fortunately it has other things going for it. It has playable characters from Rocko, Ren and Stimpy and Rugrats with some football headed goodness added. I know who the turtles are from watching a non Nickelodeon version and there is characters from other nickelodeon shows for those who are younger than me. Although I can't deny I wish Aah! Real Monsters were here. The pit crew system is fun, and can really change your tactics to winning races. You have 30 drivers (14 locked) and 70 pit crew (about 60 locked). So if you want everything there for you at the beginning, not great but if you are l ike me and enjoy unlocking stuff then it's great. There is a 42 stage challenge mode to unlock 6 drivers and 36 pit crew which is fun and quite challenging. The main problem is no voices, which is a massive let down. However I'd say its definitely worth it for under £20.

Edited by westlondonmist

• Paid Members

Caught the squeal from the OSW boys on Twitter, the Tomb Raider remake trilogy on PC is free as part of Epic's annual giveaway until 4PM on the 6th.

Edited by seph

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Resident Evil Revelations 1 and 2

2 is my favourite non-remake Resi since 4. Low budget, but made with a lot of love. You're going to get a prompt at some point during a boss battle to do something as Moira, make sure you do it! I think it was pretty hard to miss, but I've seen a lot of people in the years since miss it and complain about getting the bad ending. Don't be that guy. The good ending let's you play out the most satisfying closing stretch of a game in the whole series. The Raid mode was like crack to me for a while, too, great value game, (never had access to the bonus episodes though).

I love Barry Burton so much, gaming's best dad.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

Bought Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2 with a Nintendo gift card I got, was on sale so thought why not. It is no Mario Kart but fortunately it has other things going for it. It has playable characters from Rocko, Ren and Stimpy and Rugrats with some football headed goodness added. I know who the turtles are from watching a non Nickelodeon version and there is characters from other nickelodeon shows for those who are younger than me. Although I can't deny I wish Aah! Real Monsters were here. The pit crew system is fun, and can really change your tactics to winning races. You have 30 drivers (14 locked) and 70 pit crew (about 60 locked). So if you want everything there for you at the beginning, not great but if you are l ike me and enjoy unlocking stuff then it's great. There is a 42 stage challenge mode to unlock 6 drivers and 36 pit crew which is fun and quite challenging. The main problem is no voices, which is a massive let down. However I'd say its definitely worth it for under £20.

They didn't include any voices in their recent Smash Brothers clone either. It's presumably Nickelodeon being cheap bastards and not wanting to pay royalties to voice actors, because it's not even like they couldn't just stick samples in that they've lifted from episodes of their shows. 

I caved and got Streets Of Rage 4 on my Switch. I've got it on PS4 already, but I like that I can just *ahem* get it out and play with it whenever I want. 

I have a suspicion that I've almost done everything on Forza Horizon 5, or at least in the main story mode already, apart from driving down every road. I don't know when they're going to be releasing the add-ons, but there doesn't seem to be as much here as there was in 4, presumably to try and get more people to engage online, but I can't imagine there's a whole lot of people who'd be interested in driving around in class D cars and taking the best part of half an hour to do the big long races. 

Odyssey update. There’s loads of opportunities to get your end away isn’t there. Just brought testicles to compete in the Olympics and top shagger Akiblades or whatever was there to greet us. Top top game that’s so difficult to stick to the main story quest as the side quests are well skill.