Boxing: General News & Discussion Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

These match ups always make me think of Rowdy Roddy Piper when he said people weren’t just tuning in to see Hogan, they were tuning in to see Piper get his ass kicked!

Mayweather built his career on that logic. Didn’t work out too badly for him. If you can’t make people root for you, make them despise you and they’ll pay to see you get your comeuppance. Time and time again in Mayweather’s case. Obviously not comparing them in skill level but it’s a template that clearly works wonders. And Mayweather certainly wasn’t making the kind of coin at 2-0 that Paul is. He’s came into Boxing with a ready made audience following him. It’s not for me, I’ve got very little interest in these YouTube boxers myself. But the ‘purists’ losing their bollocks over it is hilarious. Like it or not and regardless of how good they actually are or not, these divs are some of the biggest names in Boxing now. 

• Paid Members

I thought it was very well done. Although they failed to mention a big reason fighters are so keen to go to MTK is because their previous promoters have absolutely shafted them out of their earnings for years - instead just saying "most gave 25% and MTK wants 15%". McGuigan is no saint and if it wasn't for MTK he'd still be shafting Frampton. Boxing is a shark pool, so I can understand why some of the boxers today have been so keen to defend MTK today.

However, that doesn't excuse Kinahan getting a run at this. Boxing needs a massive look at itself but it won't happen. They'll wait for it to blow over and Kinahan will continue as he has been.

Breland responds to Wilder's gibberish - https://www.badlefthook.com/2021/2/8/22272306/mark-breland-responds-deontay-wilder-accusations-his-career-is-done-boxing-news-2021

This part made me laugh:

On how he sees a Fury-Joshua fight playing out:

“To be honest, I could beat Anthony Joshua...here’s a guy who doesn’t have a jab at all...I would out-jab him, I don’t think he’d be able to touch me.

“Fury will beat (Joshua) up.”

• Paid Members

anyone know what Demetrious Andrade is smoking? 

Both Frank Warren and Hearn have tweeted out that terms have been agreed for a fight between Andrade and Liam Williams. Andrade claims its bollocks and is trying to set up a fight with...

Baron Corbin.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

anyone know what Demetrious Andrade is smoking? 

Both Frank Warren and Hearn have tweeted out that terms have been agreed for a fight between Andrade and Liam Williams. Andrade claims its bollocks and is trying to set up a fight with...

Baron Corbin.

This doesn't look good for Corbin

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Mr Lawrence said:

Decent interview with him. Ignore the title, nothing bizarre about the interview just tells it like it is. Last couple of minutes goes in on Ingle.

yeh i listened to it, nothing major really. Andrade clearly has abit of a chip on his shoulder and downplays everything. Id imagine more will get said about Dominic Ingle in the lead up. Should be a good fight, Williams deserves his shot.

• Paid Members

As the whole Daniel Kinahan thing rumbles on I saw a quote from Sky today saying they have never had a direct commercial or contractual relationship with MTK. 

Don't Sky show The Golden Contract shows where the winner gets a contract with MTK? So is that statement bollocks or have I missed something?