Boxing: General News & Discussion Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Moving the boxing into this section of the forum then. The old thread in the off topic forum is closed to keep all boxing news and general discussion to this thread and feel free to start new threads for upcoming fights you feel are worthy of their own topic/thread 👍🏻

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

remember when MMA journeymen Clay Collard caused a big upset on a Top Rank boxing show earlier in the year against a top prospect? well the bloke did it again last night:

Top Rank need to stop putting their prospects in against him, he's ruining plans😄 In 2020 he's beating Top Rank prospects with records of 9-0, 5-0 & 6-0.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Literally all I recall of Collard was that Max Holloway beat him years ago when he was on the rise. He was outmatched and I think he might’ve took it on short notice but I remember Collard gave it a good old bash. Totally forgot he’d jumped over to Boxing. 

I'm a professional boxer, Would appreciate it if you can go like my page on facebook and follow on instagram. Helps with sponsors. not that I'll be boxing this year. Search Carwyn Herbert.

Clay collard has produced some upsets this year, His last 3 opponents had a record of 20-0 between them so all prospects and he's upset the apple cart. Either 1 of 3 things will happen. Someone will pick him up to give him a chance (unlikely), he will get fed to a really good fighter as punishment or his fights will just dry up. 

Frank Warren has announced a few British title cards for July. 

10th of July - Brad Foster vs James Beech Jr for the Super Bantam title. Which also has Hamzah Sheeraz against Paul Kean in a WBO euro title fight. 

Elsewhere in the month Lerrone Richards will face Umar Sadiq. And Anthony Cacace vs Lyon Woodstock.

Think Matchroom are also planning shows. 

Sam Egginton vs Ted Cheeseman looks set to go, and from what i have read we will also get Fabio Wardley vs Simon Valily, Dalton Smith vs Nathan Farrell, Jordan Gill vs Reece Bellotti, Terri Harper vs Natasha Jonas and he is also working on Povetkin vs Whyte behind closed doors. 

Hennessy is working on Chad Sugden vs Shakkan Pitters. 

Something to look forward to. 

• Paid Members

Is it me or does "Ted Cheeseman" really sound like the most unlikely boxer's name ever? Sounds more like an accountant or salesman. 

Maybe it's part of his psychological tactics, to lure them into a false sense of security. 

This is a brilliant watch. I think it originally aired in 2012. 

Sadly, they have cut out the best part. At one point In the original version, Eubank says to Collins "I don't mean this disrespectfully, but I was the stallion and you were the donkey" 😃

Edited by jimufctna24