Boxing: General News & Discussion Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

i posted in the Other MMA thread about the Miletich/Nunn fight tomorrow night. Well, boxing is getting in on the action. Scott Harrison returns tomorrow night in Scotland at age 42. Shape on the bloke 😲

Looking forward to Charlo vs Derevyancheko, Charlo vs Rosario and Davis vs Santa Cruz. I'm not sure what the WBA are up to when it comes to the Davis vs Santa Cruz fight, the fight is taking place at 130lbs, but Davis WBA title at 135lbs and Santa Cruz WBA title at 130lbs are both on the line. 

Its a PPV as well apparently. Tyson was on ESPN selling it as an old man, sorry "Legends event".

Andy Foster, the executive director of the California State Athletic Commission.

“This isn’t a situation where they’re going out there to try to take each other’s heads off,” Foster told Yahoo! Sports. “They’re just going to be in there moving around the ring and letting fans see these legends.”

Sounds like a glorified sparring session. Thats also a PPV lol. 

• Paid Members

ive already had someone message me saying 'Tyson is back!'. No matter how many times they mention the word exhibition you know a whole load of knuckleheads are gonna tune in and be very disappointed on the night.

The Boxing vs. MMA undercard thing intrigues me though. Well it did until Jim mentions Tito vs. Toney. I've seen Jake Paul rumored too. 

This is gonna be a car crash.