Boxing: General News & Discussion Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
On 7/31/2020 at 3:55 AM, jimufctna24 said:

Paulie Malignaggi has been sacked by Showtime.Ā Apparently he made some dodgy comments on IFL a few months ago aboutĀ racism. IFL haveĀ since removed the video, so I am not sure what he actually said.

Regardless, Paulie's fall from grace has been sad to see. He used to be one of my favourite characters in boxing.Ā 

Yep.

Ā 

• Paid Members

I really don't think that's a good idea. It's mainly at professional athlete levels where the physiological differences between men and women become apparent. This could be dangerous.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Itā€™s the fake account again fellas. KINDgom. Donā€™t get stung like I did with that Wilder vs Fury shit.Ā 

So we're not going to getĀ MirandaĀ Atkins VsĀ Maximino Flores? šŸ˜‰

• Paid Members

giphy.gif

Ā 

I need to remind myself to check stuff even when on here. This place has such good quality control from its posters, it's easy to forget they can get conned too.

• Paid Members
54 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Itā€™s the fake account again fellas. KINDgom. Donā€™t get stung like I did with that Wilder vs Fury shit.Ā 

oh theres two? i unfollowed the real Boxing Kingdom cause i thought they were posting fake shitšŸ˜„

• Paid Members

Iā€™ll await the 97Ā minute Eddie Hearn interview with IFL listing all the reasons it canā€™t happen.

76888916-1BC8-471C-86C6-1F3CE55AD847.gif

Seriously, itā€™s aĀ nice idea but I just canā€™t see them ever agreeing on anything much less risking the other having braggingĀ rights on something like this. When it comes down to it, theyā€™re going to disagree on one of the smaller fights and itā€™ll domino effect the rest down the shitter.Ā Ā 

• Paid Members

its a strange move from Warren, maybe its been done to make Hearn look like the villain when he comes back and says no to it?

Or maybe the pandemic and loss of crowds are calling for desperate measures? Frank's lockdown shows are apparently tanking in the ratings and he's said he's not prepared to run Dubois/Joyce without an audience so maybe he's legitimately making the first move in making these cross promotional shows happen. I just cant see it happening with them being on rival networks.

* edit just saw the video Lion linked which pretty much clarifies it.

I still find it crazy that Frank Warren and Eddie Hearn have never actually met each other.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Hearnā€™s replyĀ to Allegedly;

About as expected. Itā€™s one of them responses where heā€™s going ā€˜weā€™ll definitely look at itā€™ but then in the next breath throwing in littleĀ digs like ā€˜if Iā€™m feeling charitable, I might help you guys outā€™. Things that he knows Warren is going to hear and throw his Weetabix up the wall in a rage. He knew exactly whatĀ he was doing throwing comments like that in. If he really was willing to ā€œput his ego asideā€ and talk about doing these fights as he says, he wouldnā€™t still keep chucking inĀ snide digs like that which he knows will basically kill any chance of talking reasonably about it.Ā 

On the other hand, I get what Hearn is saying. If itā€™s right that heā€™d heard nothing about this until Warren put those tweets and fantasy posters out, it does smell like a publicity stunt. Especially if the stuff about all the legal letters coming in last weekĀ was true, trying to balls up Matchroomā€™s shows. That does sound like old Fish Eyes, to be fair. He does love a legal threat.

I know itā€™s the thing now where most UK Boxing fans seem to be divided into Team AJ and Team Fury, and a lot of times thatĀ seems to extend to AJā€™s fans being biased towards Hearn and Furyā€™s fans always siding with Warren. But thereā€™s more going on behind the scenes than weā€™re getting and truthfully theyā€™re both slimy bastards.Ā I think already weā€™re seeing that Hearn is too up his own arse and stubborn to make this work. Heā€™s never going to be able to resist a pop atĀ Warren.Ā And I thinkĀ Warren has been crafty anyway and, while I do think heā€™d like to make these fights,Ā I have a feeling this latest thing has been designed to make it look like heā€™s the one up for it andĀ Hearn and Matchroom are running scared. Itā€™ll probably work as well. No doubt Hearnā€™s getting all manner of ā€˜just makeĀ the fightsā€™ tweets today since this all started up again last night. And now when they inevitably fall through, Warren will be ranting about how he tried and Eddie shat himself.

Itā€™s all a load of bollocks on both sides and itā€™s fucking tiresome. At this point theyā€™re like teenagers arguing on social media who keep posting thinly veiled digs so each other can see it but not directly to each other. Someone needs to get these two locked in a room for a couple or hours. Even rival mafia bosses had sit downs, for fuckā€™s sake. Why have these two never met?Ā