Jump to content

Boxing: General News & Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 7/31/2020 at 3:55 AM, jimufctna24 said:

Paulie Malignaggi has been sacked by Showtime. Apparently he made some dodgy comments on IFL a few months ago about racism. IFL have since removed the video, so I am not sure what he actually said.

Regardless, Paulie's fall from grace has been sad to see. He used to be one of my favourite characters in boxing. 

Yep.

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I really don't think that's a good idea. It's mainly at professional athlete levels where the physiological differences between men and women become apparent. This could be dangerous.

  • Paid Members
Posted

that isnt true surely? i dont believe anything that Boxing Kingdom puts out, they'll share any old shit.

  • Paid Members
Posted
26 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

It’s the fake account again fellas. KINDgom. Don’t get stung like I did with that Wilder vs Fury shit. 

So we're not going to get Miranda Atkins Vs Maximino Flores? ?

  • Paid Members
Posted

giphy.gif

 

I need to remind myself to check stuff even when on here. This place has such good quality control from its posters, it's easy to forget they can get conned too.

  • Paid Members
Posted
54 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

It’s the fake account again fellas. KINDgom. Don’t get stung like I did with that Wilder vs Fury shit. 

oh theres two? i unfollowed the real Boxing Kingdom cause i thought they were posting fake shit?

  • Paid Members
Posted

Frank Warrens twitter has put this out:

probably a zero chance of any of them happening but its a nice thought isnt it

  • Paid Members
Posted

I’ll await the 97 minute Eddie Hearn interview with IFL listing all the reasons it can’t happen.

76888916-1BC8-471C-86C6-1F3CE55AD847.gif

Seriously, it’s a nice idea but I just can’t see them ever agreeing on anything much less risking the other having bragging rights on something like this. When it comes down to it, they’re going to disagree on one of the smaller fights and it’ll domino effect the rest down the shitter.  

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

its a strange move from Warren, maybe its been done to make Hearn look like the villain when he comes back and says no to it?

Or maybe the pandemic and loss of crowds are calling for desperate measures? Frank's lockdown shows are apparently tanking in the ratings and he's said he's not prepared to run Dubois/Joyce without an audience so maybe he's legitimately making the first move in making these cross promotional shows happen. I just cant see it happening with them being on rival networks.

* edit just saw the video Lion linked which pretty much clarifies it.

I still find it crazy that Frank Warren and Eddie Hearn have never actually met each other.

Edited by Egg Shen
  • Paid Members
Posted

Hearn’s reply to Allegedly;

About as expected. It’s one of them responses where he’s going ‘we’ll definitely look at it’ but then in the next breath throwing in little digs like ‘if I’m feeling charitable, I might help you guys out’. Things that he knows Warren is going to hear and throw his Weetabix up the wall in a rage. He knew exactly what he was doing throwing comments like that in. If he really was willing to “put his ego aside” and talk about doing these fights as he says, he wouldn’t still keep chucking in snide digs like that which he knows will basically kill any chance of talking reasonably about it. 

On the other hand, I get what Hearn is saying. If it’s right that he’d heard nothing about this until Warren put those tweets and fantasy posters out, it does smell like a publicity stunt. Especially if the stuff about all the legal letters coming in last week was true, trying to balls up Matchroom’s shows. That does sound like old Fish Eyes, to be fair. He does love a legal threat.

I know it’s the thing now where most UK Boxing fans seem to be divided into Team AJ and Team Fury, and a lot of times that seems to extend to AJ’s fans being biased towards Hearn and Fury’s fans always siding with Warren. But there’s more going on behind the scenes than we’re getting and truthfully they’re both slimy bastards. I think already we’re seeing that Hearn is too up his own arse and stubborn to make this work. He’s never going to be able to resist a pop at Warren. And I think Warren has been crafty anyway and, while I do think he’d like to make these fights, I have a feeling this latest thing has been designed to make it look like he’s the one up for it and Hearn and Matchroom are running scared. It’ll probably work as well. No doubt Hearn’s getting all manner of ‘just make the fights’ tweets today since this all started up again last night. And now when they inevitably fall through, Warren will be ranting about how he tried and Eddie shat himself.

It’s all a load of bollocks on both sides and it’s fucking tiresome. At this point they’re like teenagers arguing on social media who keep posting thinly veiled digs so each other can see it but not directly to each other. Someone needs to get these two locked in a room for a couple or hours. Even rival mafia bosses had sit downs, for fuck’s sake. Why have these two never met? 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...