Boxing: General News & Discussion Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Muhammad Ali vs Ken Norton 2. A classic that often gets overlooked because of Ali’s more well known fights with Frazier and Foreman and even Norton’s fight with Holmes. Haven’t watched the full thing in years but, looking at the highlights again here, I might have to go on a 70s/80s Heavyweight Boxing binge soon. 

On 9/9/2020 at 12:41 PM, David said:

The main reason for speeding this shit up is that I honestly think Fury isn't long for the boxing game. I can see him walking away within a year or two, taking the dream match with him.

I think Joshua has years in the game. I'm unsure with Fury - he seems to be carrying on training in boxing and preparing for fights as a tool to improve his mental health nowadays as opposed to for the passion of the sport. 

It wouldn't surprise me to see him in the sport 5 years from now, equally I'd not be surprised if he's gone in a year. 

• Paid Members

To be honest, after the big fight with AJ there’s not really much else I even want to see from Fury. He’s done everything else. A fight with Usyk would be cool but I can live without it. Fury vs Joshua needs to happen though. Regardless of how you think it would go, even if you think it won’t be competitive at all, it would be a travesty if those two never meet. After beating Klitschko in Germany then coming back from being 30st and coked up and schooling Wilder twice (probably three times when all’s said and done), if he beats AJ as well there’s really no better way to bow out. 

• Paid Members

yeh, i agree with that. Theres a storm brewing at heavyweight anyways, give it 2-3 years and once Fury/AJ/Wilder has sorted out their differences i think those 4 belts will be held by a completely different group of fighters, lots of really good looking heavies lurking underneath.

Edited by Egg Shen

This is a great 51 minutes of a boxing program. Tony Sibson is one of the most underated British Middleweights of all time. People never really mention him when talking about great middle/super middleweights of the past. He destroyed Minter, although they were on different trajectories at the time. 

Tough as nails. Was unfortunate to meet the GOAT middleweights in his prime.