Boxing: General News & Discussion Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Haven’t watched that video, probably not going to either. Did that video contain him accusing Mark Breland of spiking his water with muscle relaxers as well? 

Man’s a shambles at this point. I think so much of his identity was wrapped up in that unbeaten record that he’s lost the plot now it’s gone. He’s had since February to come to terms with the thrashing Fury gave him. He’s been through just about every excuse in the book and now this is what he’s come up with? 

• Paid Members

i'll be honest, i gave Wilder the benefit of the doubt after the fight because i wasnt sure if a lot of the cheating talk was fabricated and not actually coming from Wilder, seems it was? either that or he's using it purely as a marketing ploy to rile up interest in the 3rd fight.

4 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

You think considering Whyte was brutally knocked out 5 or so weeks ago that this situation would benefit Whyte,  and Matchroom and Himself would be happy to wait till January to give him some extra recovery time.

Why would Fury fight Whyte coming of getting knocked out by a 42 year old passed his best boxer? Whats to gain? Reading on how concussions work i don't think Whyte should be even fighting in 3 weeks. If he goes in there with someone with a decent punch then he is getting flattened again. Then if Whyte fights anyone, whats happening with Povetkin? Is he just going to get fucked over and lose this massive money fight with Whyte. 

I think Eddie Hearn deep down does not want Whyte to fight Povetkin and deep down he wants to string out this Fury/AJ fight for another couple of years.

• Paid Members

Canelo has left Golden Boy and DAZN and is now a free agent. I’m guessing he’ll just do his own thing now similar to how Mayweather used to and promote himself. Looking like he’s fighting Caleb Plant in December as well.

• Paid Members

I love the Plant fight. And yeah, he signed a record breaking deal with DAZN for some obscene figure a couple of years ago.

Oh and in today’s episode of Deontay Wilder has has gone completely barmy, he’s accusing Ricky Hatton of helping Fury cheat now in some way or other. What an absolute pillock.

Saw this on Twitter. At this point it wouldn’t surprise me if this is genuinely his next excuse;

6CA233FD-20DA-42C6-8A87-8020ACA17389.jpeg