Boxing: General News & Discussion Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

new division incoming...

dunno if ill get used to that name, but i aint sure how that works if over governing bodies dont adopt the same division. Its also means that many former WBC Heavyweight Champions would have been classed as Bridgerweight Champions, including Deontay Wilder.

21 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

new division incoming...

dunno if ill get used to that name, but i aint sure how that works if over governing bodies dont adopt the same division. Its also means that many former WBC Heavyweight Champions would have been classed as Bridgerweight Champions, including Deontay Wilder.

Nailed it. If the other governing bodies don't do the same it'll die a death. 

There's scope for another division though I think they've gone in the wrong place. There's a big jump from light heavyweight to cruiserweight and then giants at heavy and above. 

Maybe a limit of 190 with another at 205 or 210 before heavyweight being land of the giants. The WBC will sell it as a safety measure, in reality its financial for them to get more sanctioning fees. 

• Egg Shen changed the title to Boxing: General News & Discussion Thread

Canelo Alvarez has come to an agreement to face unbeaten Callum Smith in December on DAZN in Texas. ESPN Deportes is reporting the news of Alvarez (53-1-2, 36 KOs) and WBA Super World super middleweight champion Smith (27-0, 19 KOs) reaching a deal for a fight that could be taking place on December 19th at the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

Hopefully Gallagher will stop moaning for a few months now. 

lennix-850x600.jpg

Watched this the other day. It's a decent run through of Lewis's career, helped along by an impressive array of talking heads. 

While he wasn't invincible, I'd still take prime Lewis over the top 3 heavyweights of today, especially Joshua and Wilder. 

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

Got this in my emails;

19-DAA810-9925-45-B4-A240-31-E69739-FB90

Of course we all knew Crawford vs Brook was on Premier Sports. First I’m hearing of the others being on there though. Considering what you get there for the month, I’d say that’s worth £11.99 easy. Especially interested to see how Errol Spence looks. This’ll be his first fight since that car crash and it’s not like he’s taking an easy tune-up jumping straight back in with Danny Garcia. 

What a fight.

Great 7 minutes of build up with a tune i’m sure the older folk of the forum are familiar with. I remember watching this and all the Benn/Eubank/Watson/Collins fights. What a time to be a young lad following boxing.

Since reading up on the safety measures in place for such a high profile  fight it’s absolutely unbelievable something like this was allowed to happen.

You have to blame the promoter, (Barry Hearn) same with Benn v Mclenan (Warren). 

Both fights are tragic but both fights are brilliant.

• Paid Members

Dave Allen has retired. Hopefully it sticks. He seemed really disillusioned, understandably, with the whole thing with his opponent (the Don King fighter who’s name I’ve already forgot) giving him the runaround last week. Last time I saw him interviewed he seemed like he was pushing for a fight in December but he’s obviously changed his mind. Probably for the best. 

579B9A11-33CD-4309-B7E4-9DC79D0546D0.jpeg

• Paid Members

Not entirely surprising. Allen always strikes me as the kind of guy who loves boxing, but hates the business of boxing. He clearly finds it real hard to stay disciplined and stay in decent nick too, the guy loves his grub. From what ive heard previous though and from his statement above he's been real sensible with the money he's earned too so good on him for that.

I think he may be back, but if not i hope he sticks around in the game to a degree cause hes a great personality. Loved following his career too as unconventional as it was.

his finest moment:

sound advice from Del Boy:

Edited by Egg Shen