Boxing: General News & Discussion Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Just to make this page of the thread a bit weirder, this whole thing just feels filthy as fuck doesn’t it? I love Askren trying to wind him up, it’s just shame he’s probably getting knocked out when they fight. 

• Paid Members
On 3/26/2021 at 11:14 PM, wandshogun09 said:

Just to make this page of the thread a bit weirder, this whole thing just feels filthy as fuck doesn’t it? I love Askren trying to wind him up, it’s just shame he’s probably getting knocked out when they fight. 

I watched clips and thought Askren demolished Paul in all the press stuff. 

Im probably more interested in the fight than i have any right to be. Ive got the feeling Askren may win it too now, at least make it tough for Paul. I think he's gonna make it the messiest, ugliest fight imaginable. Really tire out Paul out by making it abit of a wrestling match, and id love to see that happen.

• Paid Members

Eddie Hearn will announced his new TV deal within the next two weeks. Rumor going around is that he will bin off Sky and move exclusively with DAZN in this country, with Kalle Sauerland and his new partnership with Wasserman moving onto Sky.

Adam Catterall's feeling is that Matchroom fight night type shows (like this weeks Benn/Vargas show) will move to DAZN and the bigger shows will still run through Sky on a PPV format.

Either way, expect DAZN's £1.99 price tag to go up.

6 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Rumor going around is that he will bin off Sky and move exclusively with DAZN in this country, with Kalle Sauerland and his new partnership with Wasserman moving onto Sky.

Adam Catterall's feeling is that Matchroom fight night type shows (like this weeks Benn/Vargas show) will move to DAZN and the bigger shows will still run through Sky on a PPV format.

I think the latter is more likely. 

Although I like the idea of Sauerland becoming a big player in UK boxing.