Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

He’s been working as “Spider-Man” on shows like this earlier in the summer. Shows sold on posters across town and villages aren’t gonna care what’s said online. It’s a different world the audience at those shows to who’s at ones with an online presence 

Edited by Louch

3 hours ago, theringmaster said:

The absolute madness of him using the el ligero mask, How egotistical/thick do you have to be?

Wouldn't be surprised if promoter wanted it for recognition. He was in NXT UK and on the WOS special prior to the series. They could put former WWE wrestler on poster, so parents buy tickets for their kids. 

Just now, 4FWREF said:

Ligero has gone back to work, doing a job he did previously, for a company he worked for before. The liability is on his employer to confirm that he is safe to take part in that job and that no one is at risk around him. I'd assume those checks, such as DBS, have been carried out, if he is working on the shows. I'd imagine they will have made some form of safeguarding/risk assessment too.

So here is a question - assuming the checks were carried out, there seems to be a measure of indignation that he would dare go back to work - what do people want to happen?

Now I'd imagine there is probably going to be some flippancy, or comments about me not caring about the victims, or sarcasm about shoulda, woulda, coulda. But seriously. Genuinely. What do people want?

For him to be blacklisted and fuck off out of the industry forever.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, 4FWREF said:

Ligero has gone back to work, doing a job he did previously, for a company he worked for before. The liability is on his employer to confirm that he is safe to take part in that job and that no one is at risk around him. I'd assume those checks, such as DBS, have been carried out, if he is working on the shows. I'd imagine they will have made some form of safeguarding/risk assessment too.

So here is a question - assuming the checks were carried out, there seems to be a measure of indignation that he would dare go back to work - what do people want to happen and why?

Now I'd imagine there is probably going to be some flippancy, or comments about me not caring about the victims, or sarcasm about shoulda, woulda, coulda. But seriously. Genuinely. What do people want?

Why don't you ask one of Ligero's survivors instead of asking on here?

Nobody has ever said these people can never have a job again but why can't Ligero do what Jimmy Havoc had to do? He's off working for DPD or something now. If you're an abuser, being in a role like a wrestler who has access to fans and all that seems a bit much to me.

Edited by 69MeDon

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, 4FWREF said:

So here is a question - assuming the checks were carried out, there seems to be a measure of indignation that he would dare go back to work - what do people want to happen and why?

Hi, Simon.

7 minutes ago, 4FWREF said:

If the checks have been done (IF)

If you don't even know that such checks have been done, then there's really no reason for anyone to discuss the rest of your question.

Nonetheless, if we imagine the answer is yes - then how thorough should we assume those checks were? And if the results were to validate people's concerns, then what exactly would you expect those results to look like? What would realistically be in those results that is not already publicly available?

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, 4FWREF said:

I'd assume those checks, such as DBS, have been carried out, if he is working on the shows.

Why do you assume that? What about the promotions that Ligero is apparently working for makes you assume that he's had a DBS check, or any form of due diligence whatsoever? 

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Nonetheless, if we imagine the answer is yes - then how thorough should we assume those checks were? And if the results were to validate people's concerns, then what exactly would you expect those results to look like? What would realistically be in those results that is not already publicly available?

Ok let's assume the following:

- That there have been safeguarding checks, whereby a witness/impact account has been taken from the victim/survivor/accuser or whatever the case may be, in the individual circumstances. Others have provided references, both professionally and personally

- A safeguarding assessment is done, reviewing past behaviours, current risks, DBS, online searches.

- The checks show no criminal activity took place but whoever the individual has shown immaturity in their decisions and did not treat a partner well in a relationship. They pose no threat to those immediately around them, have sought counselling for their personal situation and difficulties, have been able to obtain and maintain employment elsewhere.

If those conditions were met by am individual (IF) what would people's thoughts be then?

Edited by Gordon_The_Gopher
Grammatical errors and switched account

• Paid Members

Transparency is one of the main things here. If Ligero has been judged not to be a risk, then the criteria should be open. If we're handing responsibility to promoters, then they should be prepared to be responsible.

We can't talk 'collective conscience of the UKFF' because that's a big pile of bollocks - we're not a collective. Some people won't care. Some people won't want to support an organisation that's paying Ligero. Some people will want to highlight it so others who don't want to support it know.

Sure, individuals concerned may have chosen to let it be. They also might not have been able to pursue things in the way they'd like. They also may not feel like dealing with the bullshit a lot of them got by going public. For some people, seeing the lack of accountability and responsibility in UK wrestling was a concern. It's not a 'oh, you're offended on someone else's behalf'. That's a cunt's argument.