Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

31 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Was he not accused of rape? Surely the price is being trialled by a jury and then depending on the verdict serving his time? 

I assume if there was sufficient evidence that he'd have seen a trial by now? Obviously that would be the ultimate price he could pay, but failing that, he's been stripped of a very lucrative living and is now pissing about in an MMA gym in Manchester.

51 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

121 pages into this thread and we're still going with this?

If you look at my original post, my main point was that Gallagher was sacked by WWE, lost his career in pro wrestling. Short of serving jail time, he's paid the price. It's hardly "mad" that he's working in an MMA gym in Manchester. 

It's boxing and MMA. It's full of shady deplorable types, and always has been. We can only hope that he's learned his lesson and is moving on as a better person.

EDIT: And for the purposes of clarity, if he could serve jail time, he should serve jail time. Of that there should be no doubt.

Edited by David

25 minutes ago, David said:

EDIT: And for the purposes of clarity, if he could serve jail time, he should serve jail time. Of that there should be no doubt.

I thought you were referring to the threshold needed to advance to trial and the hurdles in place for that to happen, not if he did it or not. 

1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

I thought you were referring to the threshold needed to advance to trial and the hurdles in place for that to happen, not if he did it or not. 

Nope, I'm meaning that outside of actual jail time he's already paid the price by being released from the biggest pro wrestling company in the world, and losing a seemingly successful career and opportunity to earn good money.

If jail time was an option, then it absolutely should be. 

My main point was that it's far from mad that he's now popped up in a Manchester MMA gym. First of all, it's MMA. The biggest stars in the sport have been accused of, and in some cases found guilty of crimes that far exceed much of what we've seen discussed in this thread.

My second point was that the guy has to continue to live his life. If he's not seeing jail time, he'll need to do something with his life. You'd hope that he's learned something from all of this and is moving on as a far more educated and humble individual.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, David said:

Nope, I'm meaning that outside of actual jail time he's already paid the price by being released from the biggest pro wrestling company in the world, and losing a seemingly successful career and opportunity to earn good money.

If jail time was an option, then it absolutely should be. 

My main point was that it's far from mad that he's now popped up in a Manchester MMA gym. First of all, it's MMA. The biggest stars in the sport have been accused of, and in some cases found guilty of crimes that far exceed much of what we've seen discussed in this thread.

My second point was that the guy has to continue to live his life. If he's not seeing jail time, he'll need to do something with his life. You'd hope that he's learned something from all of this and is moving on as a far more educated and humble individual.

https://www.cbr.com/wwe-jack-gallagher-sexual-assault-statement/ So you think he should be allowed back as he was?

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

https://www.cbr.com/wwe-jack-gallagher-sexual-assault-statement/ So you think he should be allowed back as he was?

He's not saying that as far as I can tell, I could be wrong but I think he's saying;

-some peoples career are justifiably in the toilet, 

- MMA is full of scumbags and it shouldn't be a shock to see a scumbag get work in the sport. 

3 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

He’s already said that losing his job and career is the next best thing to prison. So obviously he doesn’t. 

9 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

This was to what I was referring to in the above post, should’ve quoted it initially. 

Yeah, but that was in response to being asked surely the price is being trialled by a jury and then depending on the verdict serving his time? Of course that would be the ideal price he would pay for his crimes, but that seemingly isn't on the cards, is it? So, losing his lucrative career with the WWE is the next best thing.

I wasn't asking about the threshold needed to advance trial, or trying to argue in his favour, or any of the other chat we've seen in this thread. I was stating the fact that if there was sufficient evidence to convict surely he'd have been charged by this point, no? I'm not arguing that he shouldn't be charged. He should have been. We all know that the way the legal system treats such crimes is incredibly flawed, which is why we see so small a percentage of these types of crimes end in conviction. But he hasn't been charged, has he? Which is crazy, because he admitted to doing what he was accused of.

Regardless, him appearing in an MMA gym in Manchester is not surprising, for the reasons mentioned.

6 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Allowed back where? Into professional wrestling? WWE? Where did I say that?

I said that it should surprise absolutely no one that he's resurfaced in an MMA gym in Manchester. Do you follow MMA? Some of its biggest stars are absolute cretins. Boxing & MMA is full of people who have been convicted of serious crimes like rape and murder. A decent amount of those people are reformed characters though, which I guess is all we can hope for Gallagher. Hopefully he's realised the error of his ways and can keep his head down and get on with it.