Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

17 hours ago, Stop the pigeon said:

So Jack Gallagher/Claffey has gone back to MMA training in Manchester and looks like he's a trainer as well. Mad how he's allowed to do this and wonder if they know what he did? Hopefully the women there keep their distance from him.

Do you know who he is working for?

4 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Do you know who he is working for?

Visible on his Instagram account, with pics of him training and on the training places page as well. Looks like he's involved with the place as well pal. Called Fightingfit in Manchester.

Edited by Stop the pigeon

Kinda felt this was the way he would go, remember Greg Hardy regularly co-headlines UFC shows and Mike Tyson came back after a rape conviction, there is definitely a lot of 'turning a blind eye' in the fight business.

Whilst we are at it, Travis Banks is now competing in BJJ tournaments. My experience in traditional Martial arts is adult and kids classes often mix.😐

1 hour ago, theringmaster said:

Kinda felt this was the way he would go, remember Greg Hardy regularly co-headlines UFC shows and Mike Tyson came back after a rape conviction, there is definitely a lot of 'turning a blind eye' in the fight business.

Whilst we are at it, Travis Banks is now competing in BJJ tournaments. My experience in traditional Martial arts is adult and kids classes often mix.😐

Kinda of brings new meaning to plying your trade elsewhere. Some balls to go back into a similar environment to wrestling training and could continue doing what they'd done before with people none the wiser about what they're really like.

• 1 month later...

Was always going to happen as no one stepped up and set what the punishments should Be. The number who don’t know or care about speaking out is sadly greater than those that do, it never really got beyond twitter consistently, so people will return across the board 

• Paid Members

Whatever "punishment" exists will never stop people finding ways to weasel in to other territories - I don't think anyone predicted that Travis Banks would go all the way to Mexico to find a promotion that would have him, and by all accounts him showing up that hasn't garnered any criticism on Spanish-speaking social media because the whole Speaking Out movement never really made it that far. 

Marty Scurll popping up in Puerto Rico is, in a small way, a good sign, as it means he's not been able to walk right back into a job at NJPW or ROH, or go to AEW, or anything as high profile as that. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

Whatever "punishment" exists will never stop people finding ways to weasel in to other territories - I don't think anyone predicted that Travis Banks would go all the way to Mexico to find a promotion that would have him, and by all accounts him showing up that hasn't garnered any criticism on Spanish-speaking social media because the whole Speaking Out movement never really made it that far. 

Marty Scurll popping up in Puerto Rico is, in a small way, a good sign, as it means he's not been able to walk right back into a job at NJPW or ROH, or go to AEW, or anything as high profile as that. 

I wonder whether anybody would try and give him the old Bruiser Brody in the locker room... 

• Paid Members

Didn't Puerto Rico used to have a rep as being a total dive? One step below being paid in food stamps in Memphis for the carnies and a resting place for scumbags whose regular work was drying up with a sprinkling of actual talent getting a quick payday to keep it looking legit. Is it still like that, assuming I'm not wrong in thinking it was once like that.

• Paid Members

Surely it would be more poetic to ask if someone would give him a "victor quinones" based on some of the Puerto Rico stories running around.

Not that I condone such things, I don't, it's just by some tales and accounts he'd make most of the me too stories look tame (if they are true) and he was running the place at one time wasn't he?

16 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Didnt Flair and Quinones have a fight backstage at New Years Revolution 2005 because he spunked in David's face in 2002?

Apparently so. That was always the story. Quinones is literally someone I can barely find any wrestling footage of. Rumoured he was Gorilla Monsoons kid too, he and Paul Boesch (fathered Gino Hernadez allegedly (probably not), not Monsoons son). Lots of mad mystery wrestling dads. 

Edited by Chili