WWE Covid-19 shut down - what could they show instead?

Weezenal

• Paid Members

So for some reason, probably part money part mentalness, WWE are continuing to record shows at their performance center. Potentially putting health and lives at risk.

Let's say they stop, what could they replace RAW, SmackDown and NXT with?

Most creative wins a prize - probably an old magazine I couldn't sell. 

12 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

A weekly show touring their archives and showing all the stuff they have in storage.

There's a show on BT/YouTube called What I Wore, where football players talk through their career in kits. Only 10/15 minutes long.

A wrestling version would be superb.

God they have so much content available I really don't understand why they can't just dust off all of that unreleased material both current (I know they record many dark matches after shows etc) and historical (why aren't they giving us old school UK, Germany etc shows from the 90s). Its astounding how stubborn Vince is. 

21 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

God they have so much content available I really don't understand why they can't just dust off all of that unreleased material both current (I know they record many dark matches after shows etc) and historical (why aren't they giving us old school UK, Germany etc shows from the 90s). Its astounding how stubborn Vince is. 

Damn those networks and advertisers for wanting up-to-date TV shows featuring stars that current viewership will be familiar with, instead of Skinner versus Repo Man from 1991 with German commentary.

• Paid Members

Everyone on the roster can record stuff at home that's good enough to broadcast, they should be doing that. I want to see Randy Orton with a bandage on his head cutting a promo in his gun room or Big E doing his confinement workout. 

I know why they refuse to admit the product is worse without a crowd but it's an insult to the fans really, they always say how important the WWE Universe is but they just repeatedly told us a Wrestlemania with no crowd or atmosphere was the biggest one yet. If they just admitted they need a crowd to do a real wrestling show and got really creative for a couple of months we could see some fun stuff. 

46 minutes ago, Tamura said:

Damn those networks and advertisers for wanting up-to-date TV shows featuring stars that current viewership will be familiar with, instead of Skinner versus Repo Man from 1991 with German commentary.

If they're insisting they continue with live shows for original content by the usual means then yeah, damn them. Personally, the only stuff i enjoyed over WrestleMania weekend was the matches that took a completely different approach with the Boneyard and Funhouse stuff and the new content that went up on the Network. The Edge, McIntyre and Undertaker stuff, some of the stuff i've enjoyed on there the most and the Untold on HBK vs Kurt from WM21. I realise a lot of this is aimed at perhaps a slightly different audience than much of the usual Raw and Smackdown viewership. But could they not put together more stuff like the Untold series, with today's current crop commenting and discussing matches and angles from home. Or in a video podcast style. They film absolutely everything these days, they're must be all sorts they could knock together focused on current stars. Plenty of current stars do their own podcasts and shit. When WWE are forced to be creative they usually provide quality stuff. Whatever the circumstances are, whoever is forcing them continue in this fashion there must be another way. Literally everything else in the world is forced to have found another way for now.

Edited by GeronimoJacksBeard