Favourite Ham & Eggers

wandshogun09

• Awards Moderator
8 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Shelly Martinez was quite an sight to behold on those ECW shows. That could have been a money act, if Kevin Thorne wasnt so shit.

I used to get the DVDs of OVW from when Heyman was booking, and Shelly was there as one of Aron Stevens' valets, along with Beth Phoenix. Such an odd trio but it worked, mainly because Stevens' music was 'Brick House' by The Commodores. They could have definitely done more with Ariel in ECW if she'd been given a better vampire than Thorn. They had their Drusilla but didn't have the Spike.

Who of today's lot could be a good vampire? It's about time we had another one.

• Paid Members

I loved Canada's Greatest Athlete, "Iron" Mike Sharpe.

sharpe.jpg

Unlike the other jobbers, he was a huge man. But what really drew me to him is that he made noise constantly. He was so loud, even walking. Plus he had his gimmick, the loaded wristband:

Reading in one of Foley's books that he was a neat freak and that the boys would prank him by putting a crease in his trousers, obliging him to get his iron out, made me love him even more.

If he were alive today, he wouldn't have been caught out with the panic buying: after he'd died, Velvet McIntyre told a story about being upset about not being able to find toilet paper. No problem: Iron Mike opened his suitcase and shared one of the six rolls he carried with him with her.

• Paid Members

I gave Something to Wrestle a listen this week for the first time in a while (working from home, y'know) and someone asked Bruce about how he thought Iron Mike would be dealing with the current situation.

Sharpe was apparently an almost Howard Hughes level germaphobe and would legitimately spend an hour plus showering after a match.

• Paid Members

I saw Gangrel wrestle in Croydon last month. He was in a tag match so I fully expected him to be on the apron going fuck all, but he put a decent shift in, bumped around and looked like he was enjoying himself. 

He was supposed to come back in April as well, but obviously he won't now.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Tommy! said:

Gangrel was great until he opened his mouth. If he'd gone all Christopher Lee in Prince of Darkness when the brood finally had to cut a promo he'd have been ok.

Proper cartoon vampire wasnt he? On the previously mentioned WWF Attitude, he sounded like a right dunce.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Cannibal Man said:

also a bit tumescent compared to the other two, he sometimes felt like their dad

As apposed to the Hardy's around this time with Hayes looking like thier midlife crisis uncle.

• Paid Members

Echoing the Gangrel love. He did an interview with Chris Van Vliet a couple of years back. Absolutely sound bloke and some great stories in here. Didn’t realise he trained Rusev either. 

You could probably fill this entire thread with the majority WWF’s roster of 2000 midcarders. This is the point I started watching obsessively, and by this time everything they touched seemed to turn to gold one way or another. As a young’un I thought the hardcore division was mint. This man was the first person I clocked with the strap -

I thought he was the bollocks. The first time I saw him would have been a Raw or Smackdown where they went straight into one of those mental Hardcore title free-for-alls. He was beaten up for a couple of minutes, then out of nowhere started kicking and hitting the fuck out of people with those little sticks, then smashing people up with the usual hardcore paraphernalia. Loved his theme and thought he had the best nickname in the company. And the fact he was defending the belt under the 24/7 rules only made him look even more hard as nails. I was fucking furious that Raven nicked the belt off of him and he never got it back. Think he actually finished up not too long after this. 

This was all post-Shamrock feud and even the Head Cheese stuff had waned a bit by the point I started watching. So I hadn’t seen any of his previous stuff and only really saw him presented to me as if he was WWF’s very own Chuck Norris.