Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, simonworden said:

After being very very lucky for 3 months compared to many my company emailed today saying there's going to be a reduction to everyone's wages. Still can't really complain as it's only a 20% cut for 3 months and a lot of expenses are going to go out the window anyway. I won't struggle as that will just be some savings reduced but still stings a bit.

Edited by BigJag
iPads suck!

• Paid Members

I'm afraid I'll have to double post. I can't edit the above post due to unfathomable reasons.

Hi @simonwarden has the cut in wages been amicably agreed with the employees. Therefore safeguarding company and workers future purposes. Or is it a unilateral decision by the company? What are the legalities of this type of decision?

I've been hearing of enforced taking of annual leave by some companies. Other companies have been completely sound and any decisions have been made with the employees input.

Strange times.

2 hours ago, KingofSports said:

Precisely who (other than the fucking media, on a daily basis) is pressing for the lockdown to be relaxed in the U.K? Presumably idiots. Anyone else?

It's like having a mithering 5 year old. Look at Japan. That went well din't it?

Follow the money and whoever is behind any social media campaigns.

• Paid Members

Saw a disgusting screen grab of a piece from the Daily Heil's website about how many people are missing appointments for their heart conditions, strokes, cancer diagnoses and operations because of the resources that are being diverted to deal with the cironavirud, and lambasting nurses for making viral videos in what little downtime they actually get while this is going on. 

Only they could be using an opportunity like this to try and attack our health service for clicks. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

You can still buy newspapers. Most of the old people I see come out of the little shop opposite me just come out with a paper.

I'm not going to any shops, just relying on weekly grocery deliveries. Anyway I'm not going to buy one just for kindling and the free newspapers aren't being delivered any more.

39 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

In Germany we have eggs again, and if you do too, egg boxes are great for starting barbecues.

Thanks for the tip! Eggs are not an issue here, and I go through plenty of them.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

We're struggling to get eggs round our way, but I also have a friend who breeds chickens who can't get rid of her eggs. If she was close enough I'd probably take some off her hands. 

• Paid Members

That's how track and trace works, yes. They seem to be doing it alright in Germany. 

I'm listening to the CUPodcast right now, and they're talking about the anti lockdown protests. Ian reads an extract from an interview where one of the organisers of a protest was talking about how he doesn't like that he can't get unlimited refills for his drinks in restaurants, and has to buy two drinks when he goes through the drive through at the moment.