Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

this really is another situation that has exposed how cretinous, unaware, and self-absorbed humans at all levels can be and are.

Self absorbed is the crux of it for me, its amazing how many people I encounter in my normal day to day life who really never think beyond there own interests and ultimately want to take without the give. 

Its the ones who brag about how altruistic they are when it all involves no personal effort and other people doing or sacrificing something that really irritate me though. 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Popped by Aldi tonight

As per Frankie, it's stylised as ALDI. Right, @Frankie Crisp?

1 hour ago, King Coconut said:

Would it even be a fry up without beans? 

Of course. Beans are rank. Even if they weren't any good, they're not fried, so they don't belong.

• Paid Members

Wales have just announced at least three more weeks of their lockdown. I guess we just have to hope Johnson see sa shadow when they get him out of his cave on Sunday, although by the sound of all the people ignoring social distancing rules etc today we're probably going to have another spike just in time for the next Bank Holiday. 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, PunkStep said:

As per Frankie, it's stylised as ALDI

Dull fact, they slightly changed the logo a few years back so the half an A was slightly more vertical and it could also pass as half an H in some countries. 

On 5/8/2020 at 7:25 AM, Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz said:

I have seen this happen quite a bit and one guy nearly ended up punching one assistant because he wouldn't let him and his partner into the shop at the same time.  In all honestly I cannot believe the genuine level of stupidity of some people whilst all this has been ongoing.

I saw something similar at Tesco's a few weeks ago where a couple were refused in and the security said only one could go in, the lady then said 'Oh we aren't a couple, we live in different households and car shared'. 

To which the security then said that that's not allowed either and still wouldn't let them in as a couple.

1 hour ago, Briefcase said:

I saw something similar at Tesco's a few weeks ago where a couple were refused in and the security said only one could go in, the lady then said 'Oh we aren't a couple, we live in different households and car shared'. 

To which the security then said that that's not allowed either and still wouldn't let them in as a couple.

We're, what, 3 months into lock down, with the supermarket rules and regs being all over the news, the adverts, and online, and it boggles my mind how people still think they're entitled to ignore them and wonder why they get pulled up on it.

I've not had covid, as far as I am aware, I'm fit, mid-30s, and healthy, and successfully isolating, but I'm not going to assume that, because the odds are I'll survive or have survived infection, I should be given a pass to disregard public health advice and put others in danger.

I saw a less aggressive instance of it doing the weekly shop yesterday, where a mum and her teenage son got stopped at the entrance to Sainsburys and seemed genuinely surprised that only one was allowed in and the lad had to go back to the car. This was after queuing for 20 minutes in a snaking 500 yard line, with clear bold signage every 6ft listing the measures Sainsburys were enforcing. I don't get it.