Great but minor moments that don't get talked about enough

HarmonicGenerator

On 2/20/2020 at 1:14 PM, Wideload90 said:

JBL referring to himself as a wrestling god. It just added to his sleaziness and arrogance. Bradshaw was mid card fodder at best but when he came out to one of the best themes of recent years and proclaimed to all that he is a wrestling god, it cemented his position as a main event chicken shit heel.

Wrestling god indeed.

Speaking of JBL, his promo in 2004 after getting fired by CNBC doesn’t get anywhere near the credit it deserves. For me, it was the first promo that showed he had what it took to be a main event level heel. Not necessarily the upcoming WWE Champion, I didn’t see that coming, but certainly a major player on Smackdown at that time.

• Awards Moderator

He'd already become a big noise and knocked off The Rock. They had a wobble with the finish to the Undertaker match the PPV before this, but after beating him in the cell then doing this was a sight and a half. Despite the way he'd ploughed through everyone beforehand, this image was when I was like 'yeah he's the business'.

brock_vs_undertaker_hell_in_a_cell-1409246583-1445773151-800.jpg.128fd5a2db9141cf5c762475ed9a871b.jpg

• Paid Members

Similarly, I feel like no-one ever talks about the Brock Lesnar vs. Undertaker Hell in a Cell match from 2015. I remember that being an amazing, violent match. If someone hadn't been watching the product and only watched that Hell in A Cell match in 2015 and then that (equally underrated) tag match at last year's Extreme Rules, you could be convinced Taker can still go and hasn't become an embarrassing bag of shit, unashamedly still cracking out the eyeliner for any old payday.

Edited by Supremo

I Quit with Rock & Mankind during Royal Rumble 99, after Mick takes the big fall from the balcony to the boxes full of roman candles and the lights come back on and everyone's all gutted except The Rock. Rock eventually goes to restart the match, they try and stop him and he goes THAT SUMBITCH IS GONNA SCREEEEEAM I QUIT AND I'L BE DAMNED IF HE DON'T and then when Shane tries to stop him, like a cartoon character he does a double take after the quickest imaginable look to camera and screams to Shane HUH

Edited by Cannibal Man

Ahhh Coachman, you insufferable fuck. Takes something that wasn't funny in Triple H's standup and buries it even deeper underground.

A great but minor moment - Bret Hart's fucking fantastic shuffle after he wins the WWF Title from Undertaker at Summerslam 1997. Sarcastic Bret absolutely slays me, I find him hilarious with his dry wit.

I'm rewatching WCW 1998 lately. I hate Rick Steiner's work during this time, but the shit-kicking he gives Vincent the show after Scott joins the nWo is pitch-perfect, if borderline unprofessional. He's just tattooing him with boots and knees to the face, mixed in with some crossfaces, pins him with his shitty bulldog, and has this look on his face afterwards where he looks so angry he might cry.

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

19 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Ahhh Coachman, you insufferable fuck. Takes something that wasn't funny in Triple H's standup and buries it even deeper underground.

He calls JR a racist as well. The whole episode is wild. As Mark Henry's Survivor Series favour, Teddy Long pulls a stint as guest GM for the night. At one point he books a match between Trish and Molly Holly because "There's nothing I want to see more than two white women beat the hell out of each other."

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, Wideload90 said:

Two minutes in. Kane on top form and the delivery of "Kaneanites". Hilarious.

Christ, what the current crop of talent would do to be able to command crowd reactions like that!

23 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

Christ, what the current crop of talent would do to be able to command crowd reactions like that!

Sadly I think 99% of today's stars just lack that cheer star power and charisma. 

Hogan, and rock and even Kane (to a far lesser degree) piss it in droves. 

Vince and Co would sell their grandkids for a few stars the likes of hogan, Austin, flair, rock, savage, warrior to turn up on their door. 

Hell even a low mid card guy like Rick Martell has 100000x more star power and charisma than today's lot