Great but minor moments that don't get talked about enough

HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

I think that’s a great example @Carbomb. For me it’s anything which isn’t shown in highlight documentary’s or they show often in highlight reels. Like The Hardy Boys Return pop from Wrestlemania has been used a fair bit recently so that wouldn’t count. I’m pretty sure that was the point made in the OP anyway

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Hollywood Backlot Brawl

You might enjoy this, then - Dustin talking about a load of stuff about the match. Funny and interesting.

According to Prichard, the original plan was for Piper vs OJ Simpson, which should have been scummy and weird even by their standards. 

11 minutes ago, Chris B said:

You might enjoy this, then - Dustin talking about a load of stuff about the match. Funny and interesting.

According to Prichard, the original plan was for Piper vs OJ Simpson, which should have been scummy and weird even by their standards. 

Didn’t they use footage from the OJ chase anyway?

I loved Shelton Benjamin's pyro when he was a babyface in 2004. Big, loud, explosive. Made him feel like a star. I remember being at the first WWE Raw taping in Manchester and almost shitting my pants when that pyro hit.

On the great minor moments front, when ECW joins the Invasion, the moment when the six WWE guys slowly turn around and face Jericho and Kane and the camera pans along them was a lovely way to do the reveal, always gets the goosebumps.

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

3 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

I loved Shelton Benjamin's pyro when he was a babyface in 2004. Big, loud, explosive. Made him feel like a star. I remember being at the first WWE Raw taping in Manchester and almost shitting my pants when that pyro hit.

On the great minor moments front, when ECW joins the Invasion, the moment when the six WWE guys slowly turn around and face Jericho and Kane and the camera pans along them was a lovely way to do the reveal, always gets the goosebumps.

Made even better by JR's commentary 'What the hell is this? WHAT. THE. HELL. IS. THIS?'

Just been watching WWE's latest Playlist video on YouTube about Gargano at Takeovers and there is a brilliant spot that hardly anyone talks about from a triple threat between DIY, AOP and The Revival where Dawson and Gargano do DIY's 'Meet in the Middle' finisher to Akam swiftly followed by Ciampa and Wilder doing the 'Shatter Machine' onto Rezar

• Paid Members

Big E's baby-face turn against Heyman's lackeys on smack down some years ago. 

Watching Heyman's smile drain, punk just getting out of his way while he clobbers axel and screaming "who's the rookie now?" At heyman afterward. Ace 

La Resistance winning the World Tag Titles in Montreal in 2004 was a fantastic moment. The crowd was hot throughout the match, and the reaction to their win from the home crowd made this feel like a real moment: 

Brock Lesnar turning on Kurt Angle on Smackdown in 2003 was a sight to behold, a really underrated turn that would eventually lead to their fantastic Iron Man match. Brock suddenly springing up (as about 6 mins 20) before flashing an evil smile is a brilliant bit of character work: 

Another Smackdown 2003 moment - Big Show vs. Zach Gowen and Stephanie McMahon, as Gowen fights for a WWE contract. Granted, this was a time of audio sweetening, but the reaction to his win seems very genuine, and had young me cheering and whooping at the television: 

This one doesn't get good until 15 mins 15 secs, so skip ahead...Edge's return at Survivor Series 2008, in the middle of a rather blah match between Triple H and Kozlov still gives me goosebumps: 

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members

This angle.

Back when WWE knew how to write multiple stories and connect them all together Undertaker is trying to recruit Kane to help him beat Austin and draw him away from his best buddy X Pac who is humanising him and it culminates with this. All 3 are perfect in this and that moment when X Pac realises Kane chose him over his own brother and hugs him...the crowd go wild. Proper story based on real believable emotion, I miss this stuff I really do.

Paige turns on Team PCB 2015

Paige’s heel turn on Team PCB: I’ve seen this so many times, it seemed cutting at the time and took a stab at everyone in the Diva division, which ultimately wasn’t long for this world. It didn’t ultimately go very far, but as a one off promo, I loved this. Interesting to look back on considering all that has transpired since. 

But this is the one for me: Looks to have been shot live, and the pure emotion in Rock’s face when he makes it to the curtain. Absolute gold and really shows he is without parallel when it comes to raw charisma.

The Rock Returns to Raw 2016

Edited by Sym

Matt Striker popping up on Raw in 2005, right off the back of the news stories about him ditching his teaching duties to go train to be a wrestler. Raw was the business that summer. This angle, Matt Hardy showing up, the ECW stuff, Cena being drafted. It was proper exciting stuff that as a whole doesn't really get referenced as the hot period that it was. 2 AM to 4 AM every Tuesday morning on Sky Sports. I watched it live constantly that summer. 

Anyway, here he is challenging Kurt, in Kurt's weird psycho character he started to develop before he departed for TNA the next year. Striker should have called it a day after this, really. 

• Paid Members
On 2/15/2020 at 1:03 AM, SuperBacon said:

Didn’t they use footage from the OJ chase anyway?

They did, which was pretty fun. But the original plan was basically for Piper to deliver a non-worked beating to OJ, which they were agreeing with OJ, so he wouldn't have to work. The idea being that a lot of people felt OJ had got away with, well, literally murder. And there was quite a large (white) audience that wanted to see OJ get his come-uppance. Work wasn't coming through thick and fast for Simpson, so he was interested, and it was sold to Piper as being able to just beat the hell out of him.

Just fucking weird.