Great but minor moments that don't get talked about enough

HarmonicGenerator

• Awards Moderator

As we all know, when it's good it's fucking great. Lots of the fucking great stuff we remember about wrestling are the big things - angles going into WrestleMania, big title wins, massive turns and shocks. But what are some of the best moments that were just 'part of the show' and don't get talked about as much as they should?

Moments that may never turn up on a highlight reel or a Hall Of Fame ceremony video package, but are fucking great nonetheless.

The first one that comes to mind for me is this:

Evolution making their entrance for an Eight Man Tag match on Raw in 2004. I love this for many reasons. The main ones are:

- The music's great.

- They come out 'dripping in gold' as Adam Cole would say, with their multiple lovely title belts.

- Then it starts literally dripping gold because the pyro starts

- The pyro! In combination with the music, and the belts, and the four of them standing there looking like the smuggest coolest bastards on the planet.

- The line-up of the muscles of Batista, the swagger of Flair in his robe, and young Randy Orton alongside ... okay, Triple H doesn't look his best but he still fits in.

- That shot from behind the pyro!

- The slow confident walk to the ring. Megastars, the lot of them.

It's no DX in a tank, I know, but this particular entrance, on this otherwise totally forgettable episode of Raw building towards Backlash 2004, has stuck in my mind for more than 15 years now as one of the great wrestling moments. I stand by it. I draw a line in the sand, you could say.

What are yours?

• Paid Members

Ric Flair and Roddy Piper winning the tag titles at Cyber Sunday 2006. Clip - https://www.wwe.com/videos/spirit-squad-vs-ric-flair-roddy-piper-cyber-sunday-2006-world-tag-team-championship-match

I know they were way past their prime and looked like shit by then, but I was screaming at the TV begging their opponents to give up and give us this feelgood moment.

a48ce-15703928792486.png

• Paid Members

Al Snow’s European Championship run. Every match he was dressed to represent a different European country. This one also includes William Regal who took exception to this thought Snow’s run because he was an uncultured American. Regal was great on commentary, and was one of the only times I thought Snow was entertaining 

• Paid Members

The Usos forfeiting against New Day in their Gauntlet Match to earn Kofi his Wrestlemania title shot. One of the rare moments where WWE actually reference their history and reward you for watching long-term. Fucking great.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins reuniting and bumping fists after teasing it for ages in 2017. The last twenty seconds of the clip below. Silly pantomime pro-wrestling at its best. Listen to that pop!

Moxley’s hair though. I never appreciated how bad it was until he got rid.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Evolution making their entrance for an Eight Man Tag match on Raw in 2004. I love this for many reasons.

I think I'm right in remembering that @CleetusVanDamme is an even bigger fan of this than I am. I watch it regularly.

ONE THOUSAND AND SEVENTY-TWO POUNDS.

Brock vs Rock

Two of the biggest stars and attractions ever. And it happened just once. It was quite the passing of the torch moment. The arrival proper of Brock Fucking Lesnar, the next big thing. I see it as a point of the ending of an era and dawning of a new one. Rock was about to take hiatus to start to give Hollywood a go proper. Austin was gone. Hogan was gone. 2002 had been a right mess, a bizarre year, struggling to let the “attitude era” go even though it was long time. Struggling to find a new identity, before finally, seemingly settling on “the future” and this new breed of genetic super freaks and unbelievable athletes coming up from a class in OVW. With the most insane athlete of the lot, Brock Lesnar thrust right to the top in the prominent position. The match was awesome and topped an absolutely electric card. One of the best PPVs ever with a worthy main event to top such a card and the dawning of a new age and direction.

SummerSlam 2002 gets talked about, but Brocks first title win and true arrival, going over The Rock never really gets talked about. Nor Lesnars celebration, which I love.