Acceptable behaviour at live shows

Hannibal Scorch

Unacceptable - standing up in front of people who are in the sections that are flat - had this happen when I first went to WWE in 2003 at Nottingham I think it was. Infuriating as the tickets weren't cheap but all I remember the whole thing was seeing Triple H hoisted for the powerbomb by Nash and nothing else. Literally nothing. My friend higher in the stands got a perfect view.

Unacceptable - holding signs in front of people - its simply not needed

That's it. I am generally open to most other stuff though 'getting myself over by chanting embarrassing shit' is up there as another unacceptable. 

17 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Which one - the one where I said nothing about racism / homophobia or the one where I was responding to other people that initially had brought up racism / homophobia?

I'm not quite sure what it is I'm meant to 'be' according to you - a horrible racist homophobe or a misunderstood victim?
I mean, to clarify, I'm neither but I'm just trying to work out what angle you're coming at me from. 

This will be my final post on the matter in response to you, because you're either being intentionally ignorant, or you're just a moron. Feel free to take your pick.

I'm "coming from the angle" of pretty much every other person in this thread who's addressed your comments as well as your initial rant. You're not a horrible racist homophobe, you're one of those people who is entirely oblivious to the fact that you're a bit of a dick with socially unacceptable views. You're "that guy" at wrestling shows that spoils everyone else's night with your "non PC" use of foul language and embarrassing exchanges with the performers. It's not cool, and just because the majority of civilised society is too polite to outwardly take you to task on it doesn't mean they're all supportive of what you do.

You go to shows "to let off steam," which basically means that because you're frustrated with how life is treating you, you deem it acceptable to deal with those issues by being a total bellend. Honestly, if you find yourself escaping from your everyday life by wanting to yell obscenities at people you don't know then you probably need to seek help. 

You've framed your entire argument in your own head to conclude that you are the victim, while everyone else is just "PC gone mad" and "doesn't get" how wrestling is, and how it should be.

Understand this. Wrestling isn't a vehicle for racists, sexists or homophobes to indulge their repulsive views under the guise of "it's just part of the show, I've paid my money." 

It doesn't work that way. The same thing can be said about football. Just because someone wraps a scarf around their neck and pays for a ticket to enter a stadium doesn't mean the normal rules of society cease to exist. A ticket and a private venue doesn't mean the building or stadium becomes some sort of no-mans land where rules don't apply.

So there you have it. I honestly and sincerely hope that what everyone has said in this thread, and there's been some cracking posts from the usual suspects, actually makes an impression on you. Take it all on board and look on it as constructive criticism. 

31 minutes ago, David said:

This will be my final post on the matter in response to you, because you're either being intentionally ignorant, or you're just a moron. Feel free to take your pick.

I'm "coming from the angle" of pretty much every other person in this thread who's addressed your comments as well as your initial rant. You're not a horrible racist homophobe, you're one of those people who is entirely oblivious to the fact that you're a bit of a dick with socially unacceptable views. You're "that guy" at wrestling shows that spoils everyone else's night with your "non PC" use of foul language and embarrassing exchanges with the performers. It's not cool, and just because the majority of civilised society is too polite to outwardly take you to task on it doesn't mean they're all supportive of what you do.

You go to shows "to let off steam," which basically means that because you're frustrated with how life is treating you, you deem it acceptable to deal with those issues by being a total bellend. Honestly, if you find yourself escaping from your everyday life by wanting to yell obscenities at people you don't know then you probably need to seek help. 

You've framed your entire argument in your own head to conclude that you are the victim, while everyone else is just "PC gone mad" and "doesn't get" how wrestling is, and how it should be.

Understand this. Wrestling isn't a vehicle for racists, sexists or homophobes to indulge their repulsive views under the guise of "it's just part of the show, I've paid my money." 

It doesn't work that way. The same thing can be said about football. Just because someone wraps a scarf around their neck and pays for a ticket to enter a stadium doesn't mean the normal rules of society cease to exist. A ticket and a private venue doesn't mean the building or stadium becomes some sort of no-mans land where rules don't apply.

So there you have it. I honestly and sincerely hope that what everyone has said in this thread, and there's been some cracking posts from the usual suspects, actually makes an impression on you. Take it all on board and look on it as constructive criticism. 

I dont 'go to shows to let off steam' or 'shout obscenities at people I dont know'. I DID... when I was a teenager...  about 20 years ago.

The fact that you continue to read what I put and NOT understand it (deliberately or otherwise) is sad and why I give no 'constructive criticism' from you any credence. 

The fact you felt you needed, after 18 hours, to post about this again to show how right you believe you are about me is equally as sad.

I thank you for the unwanted and unsolicited advice. I hope you too have learnt something from this whole thing but I doubt you feel you need to.

13 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I dont 'go to shows to let off steam' or 'shout obscenities at people I dont know'. I DID... when I was a teenager...  about 20 years ago.

The fact that you continue to read what I put and NOT understand it (deliberately or otherwise) is sad and why I give no 'constructive criticism' from you any credence. 

The fact you felt you needed, after 18 hours, to post about this again to show how right you believe you are about me is equally as sad.

I thank you for the unwanted and unsolicited advice. I hope you too have learnt something from this whole thing but I doubt you feel you need to.

So in essence, you’re saying that you used to act a certain way when you were a teenager, like we all did, but have grown up since then yet seem annoyed that that Wrestling/the audience/the general atmosphere may done so as well

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

It's possible David has one of those job things they have these days and may also be partial to *checks notes* sleeping, hence the delay in his response to a thread I assume you have on auto-refresh.

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

So in essence, you’re saying that you used to act a certain way when you were a teenager, like we all did, but have grown up since then yet seem annoyed that that Wrestling/the audience/the general atmosphere may done so as well

And that being woke / PC culture is to blame, but the examples of this don’t include racism sexism or homophobia, but the word “Fuck”