Acceptable behaviour at live shows

Hannibal Scorch

1 minute ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Again with the whole 'well if you really meant that you would have said this' and 'well clearly even though you didn't say it you were implying it' stuff?
Yes, we can go over the 'well if you'd have said this instead' stuff but that's pointless.

I can only try and clarify things [I admit to not always being clear] or go 'No, that's not what I meant'.
Other than that I really don't know. I'm certainly not going to say I meant something that I didn't just because someone thinks I did.

It's not pointless, it's what the vast majority have drawn from your posts on the matter. And you're not attempting to clarify anything. If you were, you'd have said "Shit, is that how it's come across? Sorry lads, that's not what I meant at all. I've made a roaring cunt of it and I apologise."

Instead you've moaned about people actually reading what you're saying and forming an opinion based upon your words. 

Something that's worth bearing in mind is that very few people who most would consider racist, homophobic, sexist or whatever actually think that of themselves. Only the fringe nutters take pride in being thought of that way. The majority who bang on about "not being PC" and "political correctness gone mad," and how such and such was "much better back in the day" when racism and homophobia was maybe not right but it was accepted will swear blind that they aren't the problem. They're misunderstood. People are "leaping to conclusions," or making assumptions.

Well, no. That's not the case. No one is making assumptions. We're reading what you've written and we've all pretty much come to the same conclusion. Do you realise how rare that is? That virtually every single person posting in this thread is saying the same thing to you?

1 minute ago, David said:

It's not pointless, it's what the vast majority have drawn from your posts on the matter. And you're not attempting to clarify anything. If you were, you'd have said "Shit, is that how it's come across? Sorry lads, that's not what I meant at all. I've made a roaring cunt of it and I apologise."

Instead you've moaned about people actually reading what you're saying and forming an opinion based upon your words. 

Something that's worth bearing in mind is that very few people who most would consider racist, homophobic, sexist or whatever actually think that of themselves. Only the fringe nutters take pride in being thought of that way. The majority who bang on about "not being PC" and "political correctness gone mad," and how such and such was "much better back in the day" when racism and homophobia was maybe not right but it was accepted will swear blind that they aren't the problem. They're misunderstood. People are "leaping to conclusions," or making assumptions.

Well, no. That's not the case. No one is making assumptions. We're reading what you've written and we've all pretty much come to the same conclusion. Do you realise how rare that is? That virtually every single person posting in this thread is saying the same thing to you?

I have attempted to clarify things. If there's anything you are still unclear on please let me know and I will clarify it.

It seems you still are on the racism/homophobia thing so let me clarify again:
I did not mention racism/homophobia. I was not the first one to bring it up or include it as the focal point of my argument.
I did not do this because that was not even part of my thinking. Had it been, I would have made sure to emphasise that - after all, I would not want people thinking I am racist or homophobic. 

Several people HAVE made assumptions - including the initial racism/homophobia thing - about the things I have put and I have admitted to not always being clear in how I put things across. It's why I ask that if something is not clear, PLEASE don't just jump to conclusions - ask me what I meant and I will explain.
I can't help people making assumptions I can only try to clarify or correct things as best as I can.
It would seem that is 'not acceptable' to those, such as yourself, who seem intent to believe something of me that is not the case.

As I said previously, I was expecting to get aggro for what somebody said at the start - being one of 'those' fans in my younger days - but this has got ridiculous.
Do I wish wrestling would loosen the reigns on what is acceptable these days? Yes - but I'm talking about things like shouting and swearing at wrestlers [which people have made valid counterpoints to and I will gladly cop to being a dick about for not finding unacceptable] NOT things like racism/homophobia etc. 

4 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I did not mention racism/homophobia. I was not the first one to bring it up or include it as the focal point of my argument.

You did mention racism/homophobia. I quoted your post on the last page. Go and look.

The fact that you're trying to make yourself out at the misunderstood victim in this discussion is astounding. Seriously.

2 minutes ago, David said:

You did mention racism/homophobia. I quoted your post on the last page. Go and look.

The fact that you're trying to make yourself out at the misunderstood victim in this discussion is astounding. Seriously.

Which one - the one where I said nothing about racism / homophobia or the one where I was responding to other people that initially had brought up racism / homophobia?

I'm not quite sure what it is I'm meant to 'be' according to you - a horrible racist homophobe or a misunderstood victim?
I mean, to clarify, I'm neither but I'm just trying to work out what angle you're coming at me from. 

2 hours ago, BigDaddyB said:

After all if a an adult went to Disneyland childless, you certainly wouldn't curse or act in a drunken fashion.

In the sense that when having a bath toasterless you don't start glowing in the dark?

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I don't want fans at my shows to feel uncomfortable or unwelcome because certain "fans" think it's their God-given right to shout whatever the fuck they like, even if it's something that would be considered wholly unacceptable anywhere else.

Who was it on here who took his partner to an FWA show and when R.J Singh was selling on the outside they lent over the rail and shouted "what's the matter, too much curry?" semi silencing the crowd and leaving the astound person who's name I forget to apologise to Ross.