Survivor Series 2019

TildeGuy~!

Welcome Back everyone!  So this is tonight.

No Holds Barred Match for The WWE Championship.

Brock Lesnar(c) Vs Rey Mysterio

WWE Universal Championship Match

The Fiend Bray Wyatt(c) Vs Daniel Bryan

Champion Vs Champion Vs Champion

Becky Lynch Vs Bayley Vs Shayna Baszler 

Women’s Survivor Series Match

Charlotte Flair, Kairi Sane, Asuka, Natalya and Sarah Logan Vs Sasha Banks, Carmella, Dana Brooke, Nikki Cross and Lacey Evans Vs Rhea Ripley, Candice LeRae, Io Shirai, Bianca Belair and Toni Storm

Men’s Survivor Series Match

Seth Rollins, Ricochet, Drew McIntyre, Kevin Owens and Randy Orton Vs Roman Reigns, King Corbin, Mustafa Ali, Shorty G and Braun Strowman Vs Tomasso Ciampa, Walter, Damien Priest, Keith Lee and Matt Riddle

Champion Vs Champion Vs Champion

AJ Styles Vs Shinsuke Nakamura Vs Roderick Strong

NXT Championship Match

Adam Cole(c) Vs Pete Dunne

Pre Show

Champions Vs Champions Vs Champions

The Viking Raiders Vs Kofi Kingston and Big E Vs Kyle O’Reilly and Bobby Fish

WWE Cruiserweight Title Match

Lio Rush(c) Vs Akira Tozawa Vs Kalisto

Cross Branded Tag Team Battle Royal 

Edited by TildeGuy~!

I’m quite looking forward to this (which given how tired I was of the product, to the point I stopped watching for about 4 months, is quite impressive) and I wonder how much of it is to do with the inclusion of NXT and how strongly they’ve been presented?

As much as tonight, I’m also I’m curious to see (and slightly dreading) what the brands are going to be like after tonight assuming they are presented as distinctive (like Triple H has suggested).

Since the (botched) Draft, the rosters have often mixed due to the existing build to Crown Jewel, then immediately moving onto ‘brand supremacy’ show-jumping.

Of course we’ve seen hints of what the shows can be like, hence the dread.

• Paid Members

Looking forward to Brock Lesnar being the Boss of Survivor Series for yet another year running. Lesnar and Rey are going to own this show. Goldberg, Styles, Bryan and now Rey. He's Mr. Survivor Series. Had he appeared on the 2012, '13, '14, and '15 events then he'd have taken those shows by the balls too. 

45 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

Looking forward to Brock Lesnar being the Boss of Survivor Series for yet another year running. Lesnar and Rey are going to own this show. Goldberg, Styles, Bryan and now Rey. He's Mr. Survivor Series. Had he appeared on the 2012, '13, '14, and '15 events then he'd have taken those shows by the balls too. 

He’s the absolute bollocks isn’t he. Imagine thinking he was boring. Imagine being that fucking wrong.

• Paid Members

What do we think is the motivation for putting NXT over so huge? They can't be that fussed about Wednesday night ratings, surely? Maybe they are and they see that as an opportunity to engage the million or so viewers who watch Raw and Smackers but not NXT. Quite surprised by it.

Completely irrelevant to anything but if anyone shouldn't wear ankle boots, it's Roddy Strong. Where the fuck are his calves? He's got legs like cocktail sticks.

15 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

What do we think is the motivation for putting NXT over so huge? They can't be that fussed about Wednesday night ratings, surely? Maybe they are and they see that as an opportunity to engage the million or so viewers who watch Raw and Smackers but not NXT. Quite surprised by it.

I think that’s it. 

While I didn’t expect the brand to go over so much, I suspect they feel NXT needs to be recognised as a brand on par (or as close to) with the established RAW and Smackdown, with their built-in fanbases.

Plus, as you said, in their eyes,  it’s likely an opportunity to scoop up some potential viewers who have not given NXT a chance even after the move to TV.

I do think, going forward, the Wednesday nights will be a lot tighter. If not, a momentum shift.

Edited by uklaw

22 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I think that's exactly what it is.

49 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Imagine being a member of the Raw roster, the flagship show of the company, and getting told the brand is only going to win 1 match in 7 across the night and it’s on the pre show

To be fair last year they won every match. No one remembered and it didn’t matter two weeks later. 

Fitting win for NXT. Raw and Smackdown really do feel like the B-shows these days. Mixed bag of a PPV. Some great wrestling marred by hideous booking and the shitty, convoluted, threeway-ness of it all. 

Brock vs Rey didn't quite play out like I hoped it would but it was fun all the same. The Rey and Dominic double 619 spot was a tremendous little pay-off and Brock is at his most compelling when he's staggered by little dudes and on the back foot. I was well up for a Rey victory though. Even a short title run would have been nice. How are his knees? He's the best babyface going and Raw in particular is desperate for a strong babyface. Rollins is dead, Owen's will never be allowed to breakthrough and you sense Becky is about to get the boo boys on her back. Giving Rey a little run surely would have made Raw a little less miserable this winter.

Kudos to my boy Bryan, again. Not only for salvaging a feud with the black hole of stink that is Bray Wyatt (in a mask), but also well done for getting a good match out of it that (kinda) made sense without making himself look like a clueless mug, killing the credibility of his moves in the process. He even got the crowd to cheer for the babyface and boo the bloody heel by the end! Best Wyatt singles match since his last one with Bryan. Now sign me up for more Bryan vs Miz!

Didn't have high hopes for the women's triple threat and it turned out to be even more of a disappointment than I feared it'd be. Completely daft match structure for a main event and sadly a big step back for the potential Shayna/Lynch program. Huge misfire putting this on last, I only sat through it because they fooled me into thinking they'd do a Ronda angle at the end. Oh well. And Bayley is a lost cause, frankly. The sooner Sasha gets the strap the better. Give me more Sasha Banks singles matches on PPV, she's the workhorse of the division.

Oh WALTER. I get that everyone has to eat a pinfall in these ridiculous 5 on 5 on 5 matches but WALTER being the first out of fifteen guys to get eliminated was so, so shiiiiiiiit. Gone in two fucking minutes. Proper deflating that was. Chuffed to see Keith Lee get so much shine though. Seeing him get the spotlight on the main show has been a pleasant surprise as he never seems to have much going on in NXT. He and Rhea Ripley fit right in, both look ready made for big arenas. I wouldn't even wait much longer for Lee, I'd yank him up. They're desperate as can be for new blood on that dead ass roster. It's not like he's getting any younger. Is he ever gonna break through the Cole/Ciampa/Gargano deathgrip on the NXT main event? Doubt it. 

I'm presuming Rollins is in the middle of a heel turn? Because fucking hell, there's no way they're not booking him to get booed on purpose at this point. I LOLed at him curb stomping hometown boy Mustafa Ali out of the match, complete with a King Corbin assist. Thing is, I doubt even a heel turn will work for this fucker. He simply isn't a top guy. Never was.

But yeah, decent show all round but a complete mess.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash