Survivor Series 2019

TildeGuy~!

14 hours ago, Statto said:

I wasn't picturing splits quite as large as that, but that's the general idea, yeah!

I was picturing more along the lines of each brand getting 7 'guaranteed' spots with the Survivor Series winner getting 4 bonus ones, runner-up getting 2 and the last place getting just 1 - leaving 2 'wildcard' spots for your legends/unexpected AJ Styles debuts etc.

I pondered this throughout my lunchtime walk today and realised that:

a) there's actually 60 Rumble spots to play with these days so you wouldn't have to do even splits in each Rumble which wouldn't tie the hands so much with booking decisions, and could come in handy - IIRC the women's rumble last year was quite NXT-heavy cos they didn't use anywhere near as many returning 'legends' as the first one?

b) you could use terms like "guaranteed entries" to give yourself the oft-seen WWE get-out - Raw could end up with 9 "guaranteed entries" in one Rumble but as long as you didn't give out 30 of those, you could put more than 9 Raw wrestlers in without technically failing to stick to your word. You could always go the "attacked backstage/on the way to the ring" route, of course...

c) you wouldn't necessarily need to set the numbers up for grabs at Survivor Series in stone in advance - once that event was finished you could announce that "WWE management" had reviewed the performance and chosen to allocate x "guaranteed entries" to Smackdown, y to Raw & z to NXT.

Hell, I'd go the whole hog and have a fictional "Royal Rumble Selection Committee" (chaired by Royal Rumble inventor Pat Patterson) who decided how many slots each brand ended up with, and indeed who got those slots - either by setting up qualifying matches (4-way ladder match at TLC for a spot, anyone?) or awarding slots on past performance. Of course, that committee would have it in their remit to spring a few surprises on the night...

If only there were a market for wrestling with "real sports" presentation...

I love this and would really enjoy the idea of bringing in a few legends to be on the committee while people like Drake Maverick do ridiculous things to try and butter them up each week