All Things Horror Thread

TheSurgeon

Bumping this because the second season of the Creepshow spin off series began on Shudder yesterday (I stumbled across it by chance on Vumoo) with a fun pair of stories. The first one was about a kid obsessed with horror movies, mostly Universal Monster movies, as a release to help cope with his mum's illness who gets revenge on his abusive uncle after being put into his care when she passes while the second is a fantastic homage/accompaniment to the Evil Dead franchise when a local TV antique hunter unlocks and reads the Necronomicon Ex Mortis, brought to his attention as a family heirloom by Ted Raimi aka Sam's brother, and unleashes the DeaditesĀ 

On 4/3/2021 at 12:01 AM, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Bumping this because the second season of the Creepshow spin off series began on Shudder yesterday (I stumbled across it by chance on Vumoo) with a fun pair of stories. The first one was about a kid obsessed with horror movies, mostly Universal Monster movies, as a release to help cope with his mum's illness who gets revenge on his abusive uncle after being put into his care when she passes while the second is a fantastic homage/accompaniment to the Evil Dead franchise when a local TV antique hunter unlocks and reads the Necronomicon Ex Mortis, brought to his attention as a family heirloom by Ted Raimi aka Sam's brother, and unleashes the DeaditesĀ 

Yeah, couple of strong stories to kick off the new season. Gotta love the Bob Ross inspired painter in the second storyĀ :)

• 1 month later...

Can anyone please tell me if you need to have a Prime Video subscription to be able to watch Shudder through it?

I want to be able to watch it on my LG TV but there's no specific app for it on there. There isn't one for it on the PS4 either, but I can see it's available through Prime Video.

Apologies if this sounds like a load of bollocks and doesn't make sense.Ā Ā 

Ā 

EDIT*** Never mind. Just had a proper look and you need to have a Prime Video subscription to watch Shudder through it.Ā 

Edited by Panhead

• Paid Members

It depends what you have or what you're using. There's a version of the Shudder app via Prime Video as a channel. But there's also a Shudder App that's separate - it's just not available on everything. Apparently, they're working on a PS app.Ā 

There isn't an app for my TV, but I got an Amazon Firestick, which it *is* available on as an app (and you don't need a Prime subscription to use it). It's also available on Roku.

Might be worth while me grabbing a cheap Fire Stick then. Thanks man. When I Googled about a PS app, I found something where they said they were working on it. I think the article was from about four years ago!Ā 

Would you recommend Shudder then? I'm just really desperate to see Psycho Goreman but I can see plenty of other stuff that I'd watch on there.Ā 

• Paid Members

I don't watch as much stuff as I could, but there's plenty of good stuff in there.Ā The way I look at it, I'd have spent the subscription cost on a couple of DVDs here and there over the months, so it's still pretty good value.

I've got subscriptions to that and Arrow - depending on your tastes, Arrow probably has a better movie selection overall (with a great Giallo selection of increasingly florid titles like Death Walks In High HeelsĀ andĀ What Have You Done To Solange?Ā ). That said, where Shudder really stands out to me are some of the documentaries (Horror Noire in particular).Ā 

On the plus side, both are pay-by-the-month, so you can cancel at any time. In which case, I'd certainly suggest giving it a month or two and binging, like @Thunderplex

Ā 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, David said:

Just battered through all 4+ hours of In Search of Darkness Part II. Anyone else seen it? It's on Shudder, by the way.

I love horror documentaries, but I struggle to get throughĀ the 2 ISoD. It's such a great idea and subject, but I felt they are so badly executed. Maybe it's too big a scope to cover the entirety of the 80's horror genre?Ā 

Things like Crystal Lake Memories, Never Sleep Again and You're So Cool Brewster are so much better, more in-depth and can keep my attention from start to finish...Ā 

1 hour ago, Cod Eye said:

I love horror documentaries, but I struggle to get throughĀ the 2 ISoD. It's such a great idea and subject, but I felt they are so badly executed. Maybe it's too big a scope to cover the entirety of the 80's horror genre?Ā 

Things like Crystal Lake Memories, Never Sleep Again and You're So Cool Brewster are so much better, more in-depth and can keep my attention from start to finish...Ā 

More BrainsĀ is great too if you haven't seen thatĀ 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, David said:

Just battered through all 4+ hours of In Search of Darkness Part II. Anyone else seen it? It's on Shudder, by the way.

Yeah, I thought it was a slight improvement on the first. I liked the focus on less well known horror and the talking heads were much improved. Just a good, easy watch.

16 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Yeah, I thought it was a slight improvement on the first. I liked the focus on less well known horror and the talking heads were much improved. Just a good, easy watch.

Did you hear Robert Englund talking about producing opportunities? The ego on that lad, slipping into talking about himself in the third person, the lot!Ā 

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

More BrainsĀ is great too if you haven't seen thatĀ 

Yes, I like that one too! Arrow/Scream Factory have done some brilliant retrospectives. There is a Night of the Demon's one, and a couple focusing on various House franchise movies that are decent too....