Sha Samuels and Josh Bodom shoot on ref allegedly

Hannibal Scorch

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, LWOLeN said:

Wrestling. Family Entertainment

How is this relevant? Being a fan jumping into a ring, starting with the wrestlers, and getting beaten for it is one thing (perhaps they could have handled it a little better), being involved in a scripted show and being assaulted for no reason is another. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

I'd say any fan that enters the ring is fair game for a beat down like that.

If that is being compared to the ref situation though then that really is bizarre.

I'm not totally convinced that it's legit. Forearms across the back while they chant "This is real!"?

But yeah, let's get back to speculating about the ref's motives and his quote unquote injury. Maybe another BritWres pest will pop up to randomly brag about sending photos of his nob to underage girls as a further distraction.

5 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

I'd say any fan that enters the ring is fair game for a beat down like that.

If that is being compared to the ref situation though then that really is bizarre.

Unfortunately, it doesn't quite work like that. Reasonable force, I think they call it. If a fan jumps in the ring, a person can do what they need to do to defend themselves but I don't think a beatdown is necessary.

4 hours ago, iPumaPants said:

Unfortunately, it doesn't quite work like that. Reasonable force, I think they call it. If a fan jumps in the ring, a person can do what they need to do to defend themselves but I don't think a beatdown is necessary.

Agreed. Triple H disagrees though: 

To get back on topic. As discussed in the below video: I just wonder:

‘What is actually fair in pro wrestling?’

‘Isn’t it just poorly executed improvisation from Sha and Bodom after a messed up finish?’ 

Improvisation happens all the time in pro wrestling.... It’s a big part of your job description as a wrestler and referee. It’s not choreographed ballet.

Shouldn’t the ref had understood that he needed to co-operate in the improvisation as this could always somewhat be part of his job?

And if improvisation is always a possibility in this line of work, shouldn’t refs always be prepared to take an unexpected bump? Are you truly a ‘professional’ referee if you are not able to bump?

Who was actually the unprofessional one in this case!? The Ref who didn’t train himself and couldn’t improvise or the wrestlers who actually did?

Where is the line in pro wrestling?

/Devils Advocate

Archived