Sha Samuels and Josh Bodom shoot on ref allegedly

Hannibal Scorch

the lad can't referee football matches, and can't return to wrestling refereeing... so it IS a career ending assault. he's still allowed to move into a new career where he probably won't be physically assaulted by a bully boy with ideas above his station whom knows his mate, the 'promoter' will probably find it hilarious.

20 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

But you're the one who is detracting from the case by posting stuff from her past that is unrelated. I cannot spell out how backwards your stance is.

Indeed.  SBA isn't doing this, as he's said Elgin is a piece of shit for pissing on someone, but it's the classic tactic of abusers, deniers and apologists.  They'll find one point that doesn't fit and they focus on that to discredit everything else.  Far easier to go for a character assassination that refute points.  There's also the possibility that someone who has falsely accused someone in the past is a prime target for abuse as they won't be believed.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

It's the title of the thread, I reckon. It just puts everyone on the back foot because it reads like it was written by a spambot.

In my defense, the post was taken out of minor news and made into it's own topic.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Indeed.  SBA isn't doing this, as he's said Elgin is a piece of shit for pissing on someone, but it's the classic tactic of abusers, deniers and apologists.  They'll find one point that doesn't fit and they focus on that to discredit everything else.  Far easier to go for a character assassination that refute points.  There's also the possibility that someone who has falsely accused someone in the past is a prime target for abuse as they won't be believed.

church praise GIF

8 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

It's also far easier to believe the narrative that was reported first and received the most attention rather than the actual facts, which didn't.
After all, that would require effort and open-mindedness but, hey, let's stick with the false narrative because it's just easier that way, yeah?

1 minute ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

that would require effort and open-mindedness

This is something that the people I'm talking about are completely bereft of.  You're being uber defensive for some reason, it isn't you who I mean as I stated.

Just now, Keith Houchen said:

This is something that the people I'm talking about are completely bereft of.  You're being uber defensive for some reason, it isn't you who I mean as I stated.

I can sometimes have trouble gauging context, especially with written text.

However, it does frustrate me that I wasn't the one who brought the Elgin accuser situation up in this thread yet I comment on it [because that's the point of a discussion forum] and suddenly I'm the one who is distracting focus from the main issue [like this whole thread hasn't been derailed anyway].

If people want to continue to believe a false narrative about who the real abuser is in that situation and ignore facts [as it seems lots are prone to do] then I won't burst anyone's bubble.
If that's me being a horrible person or one of the dregs of the forum or whatever then, fine - people can think what they like about me. 

I'm doubling down on telling Accident Prone to go fuck himself, however. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

If people want to continue to believe a false narrative about who the real abuser is in that situation and ignore facts [as it seems lots are prone to do] then I won't burst anyone's bubble.

They're both abusers. Her being an abuser doesn't mean that Michael Elgin, who is on record bragging about pissing on women without their consent, isn't also an abuser. Two people are allowed to be shitheads at the same time.

5 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

However, it does frustrate me that I wasn't the one who brought the Elgin accuser situation up in this thread yet I comment on it [because that's the point of a discussion forum] and suddenly I'm the one who is distracting focus from the main issue [like this whole thread hasn't been derailed anyway].

I brought it up, to highlight the tactics used by some people.  There are people questioning the legitimacy of the attack on the ref because he has a full time job and hoovered up on the lucrative britwres podcast market.  Likewise, a woman with mental health fantasist issues saying she had unsolicited dick pics from someone bring into question the legitimacy of all the other women who have said the same thing, because she lied about a complete piece of shit who thinks pissing on women without consent is fine.

It's tribal mentality that is commonplace in football but usually localised to the team the person supports.  In wrestling, it seems that it's wrestling as a whole where tribal defenders go after anyone who dares question the actions of someone who otherwise works in an industry full of upstanding moral champions.

1 minute ago, BomberPat said:

They're both abusers. Her being an abuser doesn't mean that Michael Elgin, who is on record bragging about pissing on women without their consent, isn't also an abuser. Two people are allowed to be shitheads at the same time.

Agreed. I suppose I am looking at it more as in the sheer volume of people that have been adversely effected by one persons actions.
I'm not saying that makes singular incidents etc. less abhorrent, before anyone jumps on that, more a 'Yeah, Elgin's a shithead - but if you're basing that solely on the words of an even bigger shithead then you really should consider the source before deciding how big of a shithead you think they are' kinda thing. 

FYI - am going to be adding 'shithead' to my list of insults from now on. Great stuff.

1 hour ago, Ricc1PW said:

the lad can't referee football matches, and can't return to wrestling refereeing... so it IS a career ending assault. he's still allowed to move into a new career where he probably won't be physically assaulted by a bully boy with ideas above his station whom knows his mate, the 'promoter' will probably find it hilarious.

Him saying he can’t referee anymore in football or wrestling when he hasn’t allowed any recovery time or treatment is a questionable statement from him. Doesn’t make it a fact that everyone has to take, doesn’t mean anyone is saying he is lying, but it’s fair to question it from what has been shared so far