Sha Samuels and Josh Bodom shoot on ref allegedly

Hannibal Scorch

Maybe the guy got a full time job in an industry where his physical ailments won’t affect him like being a football referee would. 

And if course Tilde didn’t donate, he’d spent his last bit of money on the perfectly acceptable practice of buying used ringwear from the latest 14 year old starlet in Japan. 

I take it this is a catch all [/Chrishanson] thread for wrong 'uns and potential wrong 'uns?  Hairy Wrestling Fan who is/was the newest writer with cultaholic is apparently fond of sending unsolicited dick pics to ladies.  Although one of the accusers is the one who accused St Michael of Elgin so obviously it can't be true.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I take it this is a catch all [/Chrishanson] thread for wrong 'uns and potential wrong 'uns?  Hairy Wrestling Fan who is/was the newest writer with cultaholic is apparently fond of sending unsolicited dick pics to ladies.  Although one of the accusers is the one who accused St Michael of Elgin so obviously it can't be true.

That Elgin lass was one of the last women to come forward due to the reaction she knew it would receive. HWF deleted his social media accounts and his website, which we all know are the acts of someone is actually totally innocent.

I've always known HWF was a wrong'un. The less said about that "Most Important Japanese Wrestlers" list, the better.

11 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Hairy Wrestling Fan who is/was the newest writer with cultaholic is apparently fond of sending unsolicited dick pics to ladies.  Although one of the accusers is the one who accused St Michael of Elgin so obviously it can't be true.

Considering several wrestlers wives/girlfriends have confirmed that Elgin's accuser sent unsolicited naked pics of herself to their husbands/boyfriends and the fact that more than two dozen people from outside and within the wrestling industry have subsequently come forward and told their own stories about the sexual harassment, invasion of privacy and threats they have received from her AND the fact that she is currently being taken to court for obtaining money under false pretenses I would say that using her as a reliable source for anything is questionable in fairness.

Edited by Snitsky's back acne

I am personally not a fan of some the stuff the ref has done since. He was completely the victim on the Bodom attack, don’t think anyone can say otherwise. Then to claim it’s career ending for him within the week afterwards without stating any info on what is wrong, no need to clamour for X-rays etc, just to share what the injury is, and to seek donations saying to live, and not offer to refund them a week later when he now has a full time job, doesn’t sit right with me. In my experience, full time jobs don’t appear as definite in a week, and is something that was already on the horizon, and to me comes across as a cash grab before he quit the scene as there are many online who will dive into these things to take the moral high ground . That he had something terrible happen doesn’t mean every reaction he makes is beyond any reproach. Not every thing that happens demands the same reaction to it. He has made certain questionable choices, and it’s fair to challenge his level of reaction and choices made, and disagree with the ones he picked and still think the original incident was a terrible thing. 

• Paid Members

I am completely bamboozled. Who cares if he had another job on the horizon or if one has just appeared. I mean, maybe a friend has found him a job where he works, bypassing interviews etc. And does it matter? No one was obliged to donate, and if you donate, unless a cause has been stated for the intended use of the money (i.e. all money received goes to charity), it's up to him to use the money people were willing to donate on whatever he wants. If you dont agree with it, don't donate. I really don't understand why this is still being debated.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Considering several wrestlers wives/girlfriends have confirmed that Elgin's accuser sent unsolicited naked pics of herself to their husbands/boyfriends and the fact that more than two dozen people from outside and within the wrestling industry have subsequently come forward and told their own stories about the sexual harassment, , invasion of privacy and threats they have received from her AND the fact that she is currently being taken to court for obtaining money under false pretenses I would say that using her as a reliable source for anything is questionable in fairness.

No one is using her as a 'reliable source' in this HWF stuff. She was one of the last women to come forward so as to not cause posts like yours that would detract from what actually happened.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Louch said:

I am personally not a fan of some the stuff the ref has done since. He was completely the victim on the Bodom attack, don’t think anyone can say otherwise. Then to claim it’s career ending for him within the week afterwards without stating any info on what is wrong, no need to clamour for X-rays etc, just to share what the injury is, and to seek donations saying to live, and not offer to refund them a week later when he now has a full time job, doesn’t sit right with me. In my experience, full time jobs don’t appear as definite in a week, and is something that was already on the horizon, and to me comes across as a cash grab before he quit the scene as there are many online who will dive into these things to take the moral high ground . That he had something terrible happen doesn’t mean every reaction he makes is beyond any reproach. Not every thing that happens demands the same reaction to it. He has made certain questionable choices, and it’s fair to challenge his level of reaction and choices made, and disagree with the ones he picked and still think the original incident was a terrible thing. 

I've bolded this part because it's cobblers although much of the rest of your post is not far behind that mark.

5 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

No one is using her as a 'reliable source' in this HWF stuff. She was one of the last women to come forward so as to not cause posts like yours that would detract from what actually happened.

Yet she still posted about it... knowing it would detract from what actually happened. 

• Paid Members

Aaren never said "donate to my PayPal in lieu of me earning a wage". He offered up a PayPal link if anyone wanted to donate anything they felt comfortable with. If you didn't donate anything, fine. Nor did I. I tend to find that whole thing a little uncomfortable, whether it be PayPal donations, Patreon links, or anything that involves giving money to a performer, but I also know plenty of performers for whom a couple of extra quid from fans can make a real difference, as they're effectively self-employed.

I don't know how much Aaren made from this, or what he intends to do with it now (he said something on Twitter about buying gifts for people). I also don't know anything about the job he has since secured.

What I do know is that Aaren did have repeated doctors' visits to assess his injuries. I don't know what the outcome of those was, but he's not making them up.

If I have any criticism of Aaren, it's that I believe some of the reason for not wanting to referee again is psychological, rather than physical. I haven't spoken to Aaren about this directly, but I'm a referee myself, and speak with other referees on literally a daily basis, and it was in a conversation with another ref the night of the show that I found out what had happened. At that point, Aaren was unsure if he would work again, as much because of the anxiety and psychological after-effects of what happened as any physical injury (as a victim of assault myself, I know how difficult it can be to put yourself back in a situation why you might see the person responsible again, and the various tricks it plays on your mind), but with the NJPW show coming up the next day, didn't want to make that call. As it happened, he didn't work the NJPW show, or the RevPro show the day after. But I think there may be a point to which Aaren has overstated the physical injury, as perhaps he was more comfortable putting that in the public eye than risking the possible backlash of it being a mental health issue.

Again, this is nothing but pure speculation, which is why I've been reluctant to voice it until now. It's just as possible that he genuinely didn't know the extent of the injuries for a couple of days - I know I've worked through injury several times, or had a pain that I'd figured I would give a day or two to go away, which turned out to only get worse, or not go away as I'd hoped. 

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Yet she still posted about it... knowing it would detract from what actually happened. 

But you're the one who is detracting from the case by posting stuff from her past that is unrelated. I cannot spell out how backwards your stance is.

Edited by Accident Prone

1 minute ago, Accident Prone said:

But you're the one who is detracting from the case by posting stuff from her past that is unrelated. I cannot spell out how out how backwards your stance is.

No, I'm sure you actually couldn't.

Have I told you to 'Go fuck yourself' lately? ....

Hmm, no, it would seem I haven't..

Hey, Accident Prone. Go fuck yourself.