Best crisps?

TheToeSucker

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Had a look. £14 for 10 packs of 60g bags... bit rich for my liking.

If it was the 125g bags I might have gone for it for the good of the forum.

It's not that bad each considering all of this "import" stuff has a massive price hike. I'm just worried we won't like them.

Found these in One Stop yesterday.

image.png.1496f9950b669b0aeb253c387ac55fc1.png

2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

they are strict on where they are sold. They don’t want them available for children to buy. They are passionate about them being an adult snack.

You, or rather they, lost me here. What pretentious bollocks.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

You, or rather they, lost me here. What pretentious bollocks.

Possibly. But they were very particular about where they are sold. I mean, they have been going over 15 years and PepsiCo tried to buy them out. I don’t see it being much difference to Walker Sensations, Burt’s or Kettle in crisp brands who target an older demographic at a more premium price point and a more premium product. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

What a load of fucking nonsense.

They’ll be gutted to know I bought some in a pub last week and my daughters both enjoyed them.

Personally, as a self appointed crisp expert, I think they’re shit.

So, SA Crisp Expert, what is the king of luxury crisps? 

7 hours ago, Harry Wiseau said:

In Heron this morning I treated myself to some beef and mustard Brannigans, and some chocolate orange creams (don't tell @Ralphy) I'll be eating like a king watching Takeover!

Love me some Beef and Mustard Brannigans. Our Poundland gets them in on rare occasions. Went in on Tuesday and bought the remaining 18 multipacks like a right fat bastard. Even though I'm only 11 stone, dripping wet, with a brick in each pocket.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

For those of us now pining for Lamb & Mint crisps, has anyone tasted these and would you recommend them?

Not had those but Seabrook do packs of 6 in Asda for £1 and they aren’t bad flavour wise. But the crisps do not have that same crunch as the Brannigans

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

For those of us now pining for Lamb & Mint crisps, has anyone tasted these and would you recommend them?

268BA140-34DC-40DE-B180-5A66319EF764.jpeg

Yorkshire Crisps in general are pretty good (but overpriced), lots of flavour. Lamb & mint ones are quite nice, as I recall.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Not had those but Seabrook do packs of 6 in Asda for £1 and they aren’t bad flavour wise. But the crisps do not have that same crunch as the Brannigans

Brannigans have a density to them that is unmatched in the crisp world.