The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

December 15th will be "Winter Is Coming". Obviously was a huge deal last year. Wonder if they've anything big planned for it this year? Surely too early for Page/Danielson?

They've got so many big shows coming up, on the face of it:

8/12: UBS Arena, Long Island

15/12: Winter Is Coming

29/12: New Year's Smash (plus the last ever episode of Dynamite on TNT)

12/31: New Year's Smash Rampage - not sure if this will be taped or what.

5/1: First Dynamite on TBS.

8/1: Battle of the Belts

So even if 15/12 is too soon for Page/Danielson, I can't imagine we're going to be waiting that long for it with all the big shows they've got coming up.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

December 15th will be "Winter Is Coming". Obviously was a huge deal last year. Wonder if they've anything big planned for it this year? Surely too early for Page/Danielson?

Khan seemed to suggest the Owen Hart Tournament will be announced on the show, which will delight Keith. Last year was Sting, wonder if there will be another debut? I think it’s too early for Page/Danielson as well. Maybe Kingston v Sammy for the TNT?

Why would December 15th be too early for Page/Danielson? 

Omega/Moxley was at the same event last year after Omega won the tournament at full gear. 

Bryan going through the Dark Order for the next 3 weeks prior to facing Danielson on that show sounds ideal to me, wrap it up then both can go onto new feuds for the New Year.

54 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Bryan going through the Dark Order for the next 3 weeks prior to facing Danielson on that show sounds ideal to me, wrap it up then both can go onto new feuds for the New Year.

I know he's good but I'm not sure I want him to wrestle himself. It'd cause JR to short circuit on commentary.

• Paid Members

Danielson looked like he was having so much fun playing the heel in the ring. This was totally what I was waiting to see when he turned up. 

6 minutes ago, JimmyAnderson said:

Is TBS a bigger thing in America than TNT or the other way round? Just trying to work out if they're doing well and moving to a bigger channel or doing the opposite and actually failing to hit the numbers. 

I'd say around the same level. The argument could be made if you took the NBA away from TNT, TBS is actually bigger

2 minutes ago, JimmyAnderson said:

Is TBS a bigger thing in America than TNT or the other way round? Just trying to work out if they're doing well and moving to a bigger channel or doing the opposite and actually failing to hit the numbers. 

TBS is available in slightly more homes and on average has a slightly higher viewership. TBS is seen more as a general entertainment, family friendly channel (think comedies as their bread and butter). TNT is the more mature audience channel (think dramas). They both have sports packages and movies are part of their main programming.

There's very little difference.

15 minutes ago, JimmyAnderson said:

The main benefit to them moving is way less getting moved to Saturday night or whatever due to sports - I don't think it can be denied that their most recent move to Saturday stalled their momentum in terms of viewers, not to mention the west coast issue.

• Paid Members

Tony Nese is going to be the next TNT champion isn't he? 

Punk & MJF should be interesting, as could Danielson Vs Cabana next week. 

58 minutes ago, JimmyAnderson said:

They are moving as TNT has gotten NHL rights since they started, and they value the product enough to give them a certain slot than mess them about. That they aren’t moving Rampage shows they are happy with how it’s doing, even if the internet thinks it’s failing as does about half the Dynamite rating