Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
23 minutes ago, Louch said:

even if the internet thinks it’s failing as does about half the Dynamite rating 

You mean WWE fans who are so dumb they think the current WWE product is good

  • Paid Members
Posted

I don't get how they could expect it to do a decent rating at that time on a Friday night. It'd be a death spot over here as people are either out or in bed. 

Posted
12 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I don't get how they could expect it to do a decent rating at that time on a Friday night. It'd be a death spot over here as people are either out or in bed. 

Are "they" the fans criticising things or TNT? Because the fans are idiots and TNT know they get a top rated show in a death slot most of the year.

I'm glad social media wasn't as prominent when Impact debuted Saturdays at 11pm and then moved to Thursdays at 11pm.

Posted

That’s the thing it is a decent rating for its timeslot. Think I read it’s at least twice what tnt used to show, and does good +7 numbers as well 

Posted (edited)

Good post ppv show that. Some great table setting.

The Danielson 'turn' was absolute magic. I love Bryan, top 3 wrestler ever, and I'm sure he's a nice guy. But he's always come across as an arrogant, condescending shit. In AEW he's been a heel all along in my eyes - boasting about kicking people's heads in, telling Eddie Kingston to pull his socks up, working his matches in a vicous heel style. Opposite The Hangman, the crowd were already primed to boo him and yet he made it feel completely organic. Referencing Wrestlemania was fucking delicious heel heat. Danielson blasting through the dark order before facing Page was not the direction I expected and its great.

Punk's on a roll. Fresh out of the segment and match of the year he goes straight into a feud with MJF. Yes please!

I'm in two minds whether I want them to revisit the Kingston/Punk feud. You don't want to risk watering it down. My pants exploded when Eddie and Garcia violently got in each others faces but I hope they have something more substantial for Eddie to keep the momentum going.

I love watching Jungle Boy grow more and more comfortable in his own skin every week.  

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash
Posted

I would imagine that we will get Hangman/Danielson at Winter Is Coming. By the time it comes around it’s over a month removed from the Full Gear.

I reckon they’ll be looking to have a big match for Punk too, which considering the reaction to the match with Eddie Kingston could be another match with him with a stipulation added.

Posted

They’ll definitely go back to Kingston/Punk but it’ll only add to Eddie’s righteous indignation if Punk swans off for a while. I always thought MJF would get the first win over Punk. Maybe it’ll be thanks to a Kingston assist?

  • Paid Members
Posted

I wonder whether they'll try and delay the Punk MJF match until Revolution? They could do Punk Vs Spears at Winter Is Coming, and maybe Wardlow at Year Year's Smash? Have MJF hide behind them like a real chicken shit heel.

Posted
16 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I wonder whether they'll try and delay the Punk MJF match until Revolution? They could do Punk Vs Spears at Winter Is Coming, and maybe Wardlow at Year Year's Smash? Have MJF hide behind them like a real chicken shit heel.

I think they have to do Punk/MJF in Long Island. MJF is the hometown boy, after all.

Posted
11 minutes ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Poor Dante's brother must be fearing for his spot.

No idea how close he is to returning but I wonder if the plan is for Taz to bring him back as a heel. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Dante and Lio are my new favourite babyface tag team. Like watching the cruiserweights in 96. Not everyone's cup of tea but I think Lio is money. Poor Dante's brother must be fearing for his spot.

I can see the logic in the partnership. Dante struggles at showing personality, and whether you like him or not, Rush has bags of charisma, which, you would hope, could have a knock-on effect on Dante. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I thought Rush was a heel with his buying out businesses big money "I'll take your career to the next level" thing? He's a great promo, but it just feels like he's doing moves during his matches with little by way of psychology or spectacle. It's impressive stuff, but it's not my cup of tea. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...