All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Given the fact that he's a lawyer, the way he's carefully worded his comments there and the fact that he's that he seems to be a real play-it-safe Mr Abstinence (in other words, a wet lettuce), I think he has clear evidence. It seems completely against his character to come out with that otherwise. 

Let's fucking hope so.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RancidPunx said:

That last ten seconds when Starmer stood back up totally took me off guard. I expected the clip to finish at the end of Johnson's ranting.

If Starmer substantiates that claim, this is going to be a clip that gets shown again and again. That was a money promo right there.

• Paid Members

Thats literally the only time Starmer has looked like a half decent politician. It may well be his Tom Magee moment that makes us all think he's got the potential.

So at the minute the PM has got:

The High Court looking into the legality of him dismissing the Priti Patel claims and letting her keep her position

A complaint from officials about the Tories rewording an independent report on racism within their party

His dodgy donation decorating bill

'Bodies pile high' quote

I'm far too jaded to think anything will come of any of them but it's great to watch him slowly crack as his buffoon mask slips.

9 minutes ago, chokeout said:

Thats literally the only time Starmer has looked like a half decent politician. It may well be his Tom Magee moment that makes us all think he's got the potential.

The High Court looking into the legality of him dismissing the Priti Patel claims and letting her keep her position

A complaint from officials about the Tories rewording an independent report on racism within their party

'Bodies pile high' quote

I'm far too jaded to think anything will come of any of them but it's great to watch him slowly crack as his buffoon mask slips.

And the mishandling of Co-vid last year.

And trouble in NI over Brexit

And he will have a new DUP leader to deal with.

• Paid Members

All the Tories need to do to stay in power is get rid of BJ and stick someone else in the role - they could probably select Dominic "lawn darts & a bag of quicklime in the boot" Raab and he'd win a snap election the next day right now, because, even outside this horrendous era we're living in, the majority of the public in this country will always look for an excuse to vote right-wing, and, in the Tories' case, the absolute minimum required is a "soft reset" where they change their leader. And, currently, the Tories are comprised of all the right-wing nutcases of the party who didn't get fired when they opposed Johnson, and toed the "Get Brexit Done" line, so they'll be forgiven even more egregious violations that would otherwise be ignored.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

And the mishandling of Co-vid last year.

I can't wait until the real figures for London pre Christmas come out. There is no way an un locked down London had figures lower than the North West before they were able to blame the new strain on the increase in numbers.

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

All the Tories need to do to stay in power is get rid of BJ and stick someone else in the role 

As long as the Tories have the exclusivity on 'patriotism' they'll win every election. 

It wouldn't surprise me if the Gment don't try instigating a culture war via some horrendous policy suggestion. Get Patel to announce the death penalty for paedos so Labour are forced to stick up for nonces. That'd quickly get the narrative back on track.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Dead Mike said:

As long as the Tories have the exclusivity on 'patriotism' they'll win every election. 

It wouldn't surprise me if the Gment don't try instigating a culture war via some horrendous policy suggestion. Get Patel to announce the death penalty for paedos so Labour are forced to stick up for nonces. That'd quickly get the narrative back on track.

It's more that the right have controlled the narrative on what patriotism is, and the left have always chosen to define it as a bad thing rather than redefine that narrative.

The more mainstream perception equates patriotism with jingoism, where people subscribe to all the shallow messages and imagery of belonging to a country, and refuse to question any direction the country as a nation-state led by a government goes in. 

The left should really try to tackle that narrative; it's more patriotic to challenge power in an effort to make your country better, because you want it to be seen as an example to the rest of the world as to how humanity can organise itself to make life better for people in general.

All that said, personally, I take the comedian Paco Erhard's view on it.

Jingo: "You should be patriotic, you should be proud of your country."

Erhard: "Not really; I have personal achievements."

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

It's more that the right have controlled the narrative on what patriotism is, and the left have always chosen to define it as a bad thing rather than redefine that narrative.

Absolutely. The reality is that England is a right wing country and the majority see the Conservatives as the natural party of power. This will be magnified as long as politics is allowed to drift away from policy. Brexit allowed the Government to do this this very effectively.

The right can't win a culture if the left refuse to join in. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, chokeout said:

'Bodies pile high' quote

Is he in shit over his special tax deal with Dyson, or has he got away with that?

I think one reason - and I've done zero research to see if this holds water - that the Tories get away with so much, is because of how flagrantly Boris looks after his own kind, and there's a feeling among the voters that if they support him, then he'll look after them too. This misguided belief that he sees them as his kind of people, instead of the marks that they unwittingly are.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Is he in shit over his special tax deal with Dyson, or has he got away with that?

I think one reason - and I've done zero research to see if this holds water - that the Tories get away with so much, is because of how flagrantly Boris looks after his own kind, and there's a feeling among the voters that if they support him, then he'll look after them too. This misguided belief that he sees them as his kind of people, instead of the marks that they unwittingly are.

A problem this big usually has a whole host of causes, and I'd say that's definitely one of them. The Tories are the party of venality, because of the particular politics they espouse, and right now they're worse than they've ever been - and they were openly like that in the 90s too.

One thing that I think is a major contributor is the simple cultural brainwashing that's endemic in this country, underpinned by the existence and influence of the monarchy and the narratives that support it and the class system it justifies, which means that he's able to take full advantage of building himself up as exactly the kind of upper-class/upper-middle-class, Eton & Oxbridge-educated, posh-speaking wanker that so many English people have been conditioned to defer and tug their forelocks to. It's also why that walking loobrush Rees-Mogg is able to get away with being such an execrable shitcunt by simply talking like a Victorian lawyer.

• Paid Members

There are broadly two types of right wing thought in this country; the Murdoch papers and Daily Mail right which is broadly Libertarian, but with a side order of Americanised culture war nonsense, and then the institutional class system right wing, which is where American and British conservatism diverge. An American conservative will argue that anyone can rise above their station if they just follow the rules and put the right amount of work in, while British conservatism says that you shouldn't get ideas above your station, trust your betters, they know what they're doing. The latter is very much the sort of thing @Carbomb is talking about, and is endemic throughout public and political life, the public school system, Oxbridge, and so on, but it's where the two collide that you find the real nasty bastards, and that's where we mostly find ourselves now.